Windows 10: Should I be seeing artifacts?

Discus and support Should I be seeing artifacts? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I bought a new EVGA 1080 graphics card and artifacts pop up and disappear a few times per day. Nothing major but noise here and there. Never happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CerebralFreeze, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Should I be seeing artifacts?

I bought a new EVGA 1080 graphics card and artifacts pop up and disappear a few times per day.

Nothing major but noise here and there. Never happened with my old graphics card (EVGA 660) on the same computer (I upgraded my graphics card recently).

The only change (which is a big change) is that I added a larger monitor. Before I had a 30 inch and 24 inch monitor. But I upgraded the graphics card and I'm now using a 30 inch and 32 inch monitor.

Are these artifacts normal? Should I just deal with it? Is there a way to test to see if the graphics card is defective? Should I return it and get another one? Maybe something that is not EVGA?

Really appreciate any help on this one. Thanks.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 5, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    What causes these odd font artifacts around numbers

The artifacts you are seeing appear only with numbers, but that's a red herring. It's a screen artifact like any other screen artifact that sometimes affects a monitor. The problem is that these artifacts have a million causes, give or take.

Presuming that you have a graphics driver that is supported on Windows 10, and that you have already tried restarting your computer, here are some fixes that have worked for others:

• Refresh the screen (press F5.) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times.
    • Turn off ClearType.
    • Open Task Manager and End Task on Windows Explorer. That forces the Windows shell to restart.

BulldogXX, Sep 5, 2018
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Should I be seeing artifacts?

Strange artifacting issue

I’ve a weird issue and I’m not quite sure where to post this…

I purchased a new video card back in early August. A day later the card started artifacting (see my video there). At any rate I wound up RMAing the card and all was good until now… the new card is doing the same thing.

Here’s the strange thing though… The card only artifacts while I’m on the internet. I can game and benchmark for hours and the card won’t artifact, overheat or anything else. In other words the only issue I have with this card is it occasionally aartifacts while browsing the internet. Key info….

• Window 10 Pro RTM
    • Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury
    • Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1
    • Internet explorer 11
    • EVGA Super Nova 1000 G2 (1000 watt)
    • Games played - Dragon Age: Inquisition, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (high settings)

My system specs are listed.

Anyway I’m not sure if this a driver, card, OS, or PS issue. I do know the only time it happens is while browsing the internet.

Anyway thoughts, suggestions, theories?

Thanks.

sygnus21, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Should I be seeing artifacts?

1. Should I be seeing artifacts? - Similar Threads - Should seeing artifacts

2. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  3. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  4. Taskbar Artifacts

Taskbar Artifacts: Hello,I'm having some graphic artifacts on the Windows 11 taskbar.It looks like a watermark with a pattern.Please see the images to see what I'm referring to.It happened after a fresh install of Windows without drivers. After installing drivers the problem still...
  5. Should I be seeing Windows Boot Manager as an App?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I be seeing Windows Boot Manager as an App?: I just got hacked a while ago from downloading a suspicious app and I am currently recovering from it. However, when I got hacked there appears to now be an app in my Startup that’s called WindowsBootManager which was made the same time I got hacked, I’m worried that it may...
  6. Should I be seeing Windows Boot Manager as an App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be seeing Windows Boot Manager as an App?: I just got hacked a while ago from downloading a suspicious app and I am currently recovering from it. However, when I got hacked there appears to now be an app in my Startup that’s called WindowsBootManager which was made the same time I got hacked, I’m worried that it may...
  7. Should I be seeing Windows Boot Manager as an App?

8. Artifact help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifact help.: Hey,On Sunday I updated my nvidia 3070 to the latest driver, booted up my pc and loaded up a few programs discord, chrome an a torrent program I noticed artifacts on my screen. I booted up GTA V and noticed the textures were stretched, artifacting before crashing giving me...
  9. Bios Artifact

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bios Artifact: on my computer resuming from hibernation i get artifacts on bios splash screen but no where esle and my games run fine with no issue or artifacts should i be worried?? 165467
  10. Monitor artifacting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor artifacting?: Got any clues on what could be causing this? [MEDIA] you can see very breifly white lines going across the screen, not at the same places in the screen either, early in the video the lines appear near the top, other times near the bottom. this is while playing a game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to be seeing artifacts 意味