Windows 10: Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

Discus and support Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Addie Wee, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Addie Wee Win User

Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version:

• Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices?
    • The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com.

Thanks in advance =

:)

Addie Wee, Jul 4, 2020

2. Will I lose my Windows Home digital license after activating Windows Education with product key?

Hello,

through my university I am eligible and was able to obtain a product key for Windows 10 Education. I am currently using Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 7 with a digital license.

If I choose to activate the Education version of windows will I still be able to revert back to my original Home version with the account that is tied to it or will I permanently lose my digital license for Home after activating Education with a product
    key?

Thank you.

TomyThomson, Jul 4, 2020
  3. 0x80070057 error when entering product key to update from Windows 10 home to Education

Home Version is most commonly upgraded to Pro, and Education is more commonly Upgraded from Pro version so let's try the same steps as above with the Pro Generic Version Key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T in Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change
    Product Key.

If it will Upgrade to Pro then we can try the Education Generic and Product Key for Education.

You can also always do the Clean Install with the latest Education media from the Download the purchase page should link you to. Look over these steps for the gold standard Clean Install in this link which compiles the best possible Install of Windows which
    will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given, has zero reported problems, and is better than any amount of money could buy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Syaho Win User

Windows 10 Education to Home

I have 2 laptops, which both of them came with windows 10 home edition already installed.

I tried using education version of windows 10 (it is free for college students) for both of the laptops. I registered the education version product key on my first laptop, and then used the same key on second laptop. My first laptop then showed "activate
    windows" watermark, even though it started with a home edition.

Then, I tried to use that key back on my first computer, and it did not work. I tried going back to home edition for my second computer, but there was no function like "unused educational product key". Even resetting the laptop wont go back to manufacturer's
    windows, and still uses my registered education version key.

In order to "unregister" my educational key, I just removed windows from my second laptop. However, when I try to use that key on my first laptop, it still shows that the key is in use, and "activate windows" watermark still remains.

In short, I am supposed to have 3 windows 10's (two came with laptops, and one education), but after messing up with education version stuff, I ended up with none. I might be able to get education version on my second laptop by reinstalling windows on it,
    but I do not want windows on that machine anymore.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any way to go back to manufacturer's windows 10 home edition, after registering education product key on that machine?

2. How can I use educational key on my first laptop again? it says key is still in use.

Syaho, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N? - Similar Threads - Should change product

2. Windows 11 Education N to windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Education N to windows 11 Education: Dear team. Unfortunately I had to select windows 11 education pack but i selected windows 11 education N pack from windows setup. Now when i try to Open open again windows 11 setup, I can't select different version for installation. I get this iso image from my university...
  3. Windows 11 Education N to windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Education N to windows 11 Education: Dear team. Unfortunately I had to select windows 11 education pack but i selected windows 11 education N pack from windows setup. Now when i try to Open open again windows 11 setup, I can't select different version for installation. I get this iso image from my university...
  4. Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Microsoft License Keys from Educational to Home: I have two PCs, and I have just built a new PC with Windows 10 Education License on it that I got from the school that I attend. My previous computer has Windows 10 Home that I purchases from Microsoft. I decided that I want to have the Home license on my new PC and the...
  5. Educational product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Educational product key: Just finished helping my son who is attending Umass amherst build a PC. We down loaded windows 10 from Microsoft. My son obtained an educational product key from Umass. Something for my 30k a year sounded good to me. Product key is not being accepted and PC states...
  6. Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education edition on PC, with Windows 10 Education N key.: Hi, I currently have an unused key for windows 10 education N to give a friend. They tried the key and it did not work on their PC. I assume its because when they installed the OS they chose windows 10 education instead of windows 10 education N for the version. To...
  7. Changing from windows home to education

Changing from windows home to education: I understand windows education has extra features and stuff, will i need to reinstall windows if i manually enter an education key into the change product key thing? or does it just unlock the extra features ? currently on home edition...
  8. Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home

Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home: Hi, I bought a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. While I've been at university, I used a licence provided by them to upgrade to Windows Education. Now I'm finishing university, I want to revert back to the Home edition. I've seen instructions about downloading the...
  9. Education product key

Education product key: I currently use Ubuntu, but want to switch to Windows 10. My school requires that I use software only for windows. I received a windows 10 education key, but it seems like I can only upgrade older versions of Windows. I want to install new. Is that possible?...
  10. Windows 10 Education N product key problem

Windows 10 Education N product key problem: I have a product key for "Windows 10 Education N (Multilanguage) 1703" and I can't find my DVD. But I found "Windows 10 Education (Multilanguage) 1703" (not N) iso and installed it. Now it is not accepting my product key. Is this normal? If yes, how can I download "Windows 10...