Windows 10: Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?

Discus and support Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethCFurlow, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?

Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?

:)

KennethCFurlow, Dec 24, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2019
  3. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use? :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Cmp21 Win User

System and compressed memory high disk usage

Facebook notifications were already disabled. The slow disk operations happened even when Chrome was closed. I disabled the setting like you suggested. I just used videos as an example of how I know the hard drive is slowing down. Opening documents stored on the hard drive seems to take forever and it's not just limited to watching videos. I believe that this problem is what caused my computer to freeze up in the past. This computer is a few weeks old and had a clean install of Windows 10.

Just saw your edit, are you suggesting that I upgrade to the anniversary edition? These problems surfaced when 1511 was pushed?

Cmp21, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use? - Similar Threads - Should compress local

2. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  3. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  4. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?: So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast thorugh the city my framerates drop, and frametimes spike like ****. I was thinking the problem relied on my RAM, because it...
  5. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?: So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast thorugh the city my framerates drop, and frametimes spike like ****. I was thinking the problem relied on my RAM, because it...
  6. Memory compression seems to be disabled - should I enable it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory compression seems to be disabled - should I enable it?: Hi, I'm currently doing some maintenence on a friends laptop. I've upgraded the RAM and am also going to put an SSD in there which should dramatically improve performance. (It's only a Celeron!) Thing is I've noticed that in Task Manager under the Performance tab and...
  7. should I delete these files in Local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should I delete these files in Local disk C: should I delete these files in Local disk C [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-delete-these-files-in-local-disk-c/854570b5-e7d1-43e6-86d8-b5eda089bb86
  8. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  9. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  10. Should I compress My local disk C in win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I compress My local disk C in win10?: My local disk C is only 20 GB free because of this my laptop is working very slow. I have deleted all unwanted apps and also used disk cleanup to clean disk and I not want to delete my windows updates. So, please tell it's right to compress my local drive C?...