Windows 10: Should I copy my Win10 image to my new computer

Discus and support Should I copy my Win10 image to my new computer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Currently I have a 2015 NUC i7 computer that is running fine. With Acronis 2016, I have a current image of C:, the program/application drive. A new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rtcary, Feb 26, 2021.

1. rtcary Win User

Should I copy my Win10 image to my new computer

Currently I have a 2015 NUC i7 computer that is running fine. With Acronis 2016, I have a current image of C:, the program/application drive.

A new NUC i7 is arriving with Windows 10 Pro installed. I'd like not to have to reinstall all of the programs/applications and just copy the old Image to the new, but I foresee some problems if that happened.

Advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Todd

Windows 10 version 2004 - Build 19041.804

:)

rtcary, Feb 26, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Should I copy my Win10 image to my new computer [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 26, 2021
  3. vista 64 image copy

Lo folks,

I have a new HDD coming tomorrow and it's going to be used for my os drive, in the past I used the software from WD which was simple, however it don't work with vista.

Any1 suggest a program to copy the os over and set it up as the new boot drive??

gerrynicol, Feb 26, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Should I copy my Win10 image to my new computer - Similar Threads - Should copy Win10

2. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I save my copy of Win10?: I want to convert my HDD to a backup drive and need to format it to remove many unwanted files/folders. Can I save my Win10 somehow to use it in the future?TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-save-my-copy-of-win10/2c8ccf0a-8c59-4c73-bd7d-4c9a169f2394
  3. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save my copy of Win10?: I want to convert my HDD to a backup drive and need to format it to remove many unwanted files/folders. Can I save my Win10 somehow to use it in the future?TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-save-my-copy-of-win10/2c8ccf0a-8c59-4c73-bd7d-4c9a169f2394
  4. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I reset my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I reset my computer?: I want to reset my computer but I'm worried it might mess up something since I've reset my computer 2 times before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-reset-my-computer/9c3e6826-3673-4046-8aac-71f69990c1c4
  6. Factory resetting my pc. Should i copy my drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory resetting my pc. Should i copy my drivers?: So my pc has had many issues in the past few months, and after hours of searching for fixes online and trying each and every one, nothing has helped my pc. So I've decided to factory reset. I've saved my important files and photos to onedrive, but when im searching online on...
  7. Which folders should I backup to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which folders should I backup to my new computer?: Hi, finally after 10+ years I have a new computer and a fresh install of Windows (previously I just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10) and am wondering which folders I should backup ready for the new one? Previously I would’ve just transferred my entire user profile but...
  8. new computer, Win10 will not activate its digital copy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new computer, Win10 will not activate its digital copy: Bought a new system from Microcenter in Texas. Got it home and did all the usual updates and Microsoft said I needed to update Win10 Home to latest version. I did so, went to finish it and activate my copy of windows and it says I have no license to activate it or that it did...
  9. Can't copy Outlook.pst file to new Win10 computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't copy Outlook.pst file to new Win10 computer: I'm relatively new to Win10. I'm trying to copy my outlook.pst file from my old Win7 computer to the new Win10 computer. Outlook version is 2007, if that matters. When I try to import the outlook.pst file that I copied over from the old PC, I get this popup message:...
  10. Should I consider a 2nd Win10 copy for a work HD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I consider a 2nd Win10 copy for a work HD?: Allow me to explain... Soon I'll start a job at home that requires me to use Windows 10 Home. At the moment I have a pc that came with Win10 already. I have 3 accounts, for each of us in the family. I do have backups of the whole HD of course. But to keep things even...