Windows 10: Should i delete every partition?????

Discus and support Should i delete every partition????? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have set my bios to legacy -uefi is that good..most people choose the legacy option and could you please tell if i might run to errors?like bsod etc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aris003, Aug 10, 2017.

1. aris003 Win User

Should i delete every partition?????

I have set my bios to legacy -uefi is that good..most people choose the legacy option and could you please tell if i might run to errors?like bsod etc

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

Should work either way. If all HW is right I can't see why would you get any errors.

CountMike, Aug 11, 2017
  3. arachnaut Win User
    I agree with NavyLCDR's approach. I would also disable stuff in BIOS, like serial ports, bluetooth (if you don't need it), motherboard audio (if you use an external card), etc. before the install so that extra cruft doesn't get installed.

If you have a lot of SATA ports, try to plug your drive into one of the first to be enumerated, because some barbaric softwares get confused.

Get all the most recent drivers before you install and have them ready on a usb drive or whatever.

arachnaut, Aug 11, 2017
  4. aris003 Win User

Why should i get all the recent drivers on a usb stick.and why should i choose uefi.?and my bios is legacy-uefi.oh yeah and something else.when should i unplug the usb?will it go back to the installation set up?by drivers do u mean gpu?

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    UEFI has more BIOS options and also secure boot. Drivers in advance so you can install them immediately after OS installation. I get newest drivers even before buying a new part of HW. Keep USB plugged in until all installation is finished.

CountMike, Aug 11, 2017
  6. aris003 Win User
    but is it really necessary?and will there be a difference between installing with uefi or legacy.should i set my bios to uefi or legacy? because the mode is legacy - uefi and will anything bad happen if i choose legacy since my current os is installed with legacy

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  7. arachnaut Win User
    Necessary - probably not, but there are advantages and disadvantages.
    The full UEFI model provides for code-signed booting so the BIOS can validate the boot-image. But these keys might be hackable, so the point is moot.
    If you want to boot other stuff like Linux as well, you may encounter difficulties.
    I still have an older legacy BIOS, but my machine is pretty old, and I'd have no problems buying and installing into the UEFI model.
    You can always switch modes later.
    But if you don't install into the UEFI model you can't switch from legacy to uefi very easily.
    My older BIOS only allows booting from FAT32 USB drives, hopefully newer version can use NTFS.
    And now ReFS is about to break free.

arachnaut, Aug 11, 2017
  8. aris003 Win User

look i am 14 and i am afraid af..if my bios mode is legacy-uefi can i choose uefi?

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  9. aris003 Win User
    My boot optio 1 is uefi hard disk...so does that mean that it supports uefi?and i made a mistake boot mode us legacy + uefi

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  10. aris003 Win User
    Hey it entered the windows set up without changing anything in the bios what should i doooo

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, if it were me, I would install Windows!

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2017
  13. aris003 Win User

Wait smth weird is happening the msi logo is stuck and behind thrte are letters likr devices sre ready

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2017
  15. aris003 Win User
    Will do but its updating now

aris003, Aug 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Should i delete every partition????? - Similar Threads - Should delete every

2. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...
  3. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...
  4. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reinstall Windows for corupted files. Should delete files or delete partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows for corupted files. Should delete files or delete partitions.: So i have gotten many errors, tried many options but havent fixed it. a Microsoft recomended me to backup files and do clean installation of Windows since i probably have corupted files. Should i delete files on drives or should i delete partitions? 1 process faster which is...
  6. Reinstall Windows for corupted files. Should delete files or delete partitions.

Reinstall Windows for corupted files. Should delete files or delete partitions.: So i have gotten many errors, tried many options but havent fixed it. a Microsoft recomended me to backup files and do clean installation of Windows since i probably have corupted files. Should i delete files on drives or should i delete partitions? 1 process faster which is...
  7. Reinstall Windows for corupted files. Should delete files or delete partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  9. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  10. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete this EFI Partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkgptx/should_i_delete_this_efi_partition/