Windows 10: Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

Discus and support Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; just wondering cuz i hav ALOT OF UNNECCESARY FILE/FOLDERS IN THE REGISTRY EDITOR. It's not an issue.... but recently there was an error cuz the app i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

just wondering cuz i hav ALOT OF UNNECCESARY FILE/FOLDERS IN THE REGISTRY EDITOR. It's not an issue.... but recently there was an error cuz the app i was trying to install, the old files were cuz interfering with the new files for the app in the registry. So can anyone tell me is it safe to delete ONLY the uninstalled app's reg files?

:)

MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 24, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 24, 2021
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps

1. Should i delete old registry files/folders for deleted/uninstalled apps - Similar Threads - Should delete old

2. Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I be deleting files and application in my downloads folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danamarino [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jot3p6/should_i_be_deleting_files_and_application_in_my/
  3. Delete Registry files by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Registry files by accident: Hi! So I have accidentally deleted all the files except WorkFolders in: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Please please help!!...
  4. Should I delete a folder called Windows.old ??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I delete a folder called Windows.old ??: Acer laptop, i3 CPU, M 370, 2.40GHz, 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win10 x 64, Home, 1903, 24-06-2019, 18362.356 Another looong update 10-09-2019 or thereabouts 284GB occupied, 94GB free on HDD Regular cCleaner and Auslogics defrag keep it all running as OK as can be...
  5. deleting an old app

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting an old app: Hi I am trying to delete an old Spanish bank account that is on my tile apps wont let me put in recycle bin or delete, any suggestions King regards David Cairns https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-old-app/0c31d62c-0397-4d9d-b253-f1650cd55389
  6. Deleted entire registry folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted entire registry folder.: So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said:...
  7. SysWow64 registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    SysWow64 registry file deleted: Hello, so when i was deleting some virus regitry file i accidently deleted the SysWow64 files and everything get down, when i rebooted my pc, it crashed and return the 0×00000f error, but i have some access to my files using a bootalbe windows cd, i need a way to restore the...
  8. Folder "Search" not deleting old file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder "Search" not deleting old file names: For some reason my computer isn't deleting old file names. Example: I have a picture named "Bob 1.0". I then change the name to "Bob 2.0". I then move that picture from Folder 1A to Folder 2B. When I do a search for "Bob" I get three results: I get "Bob 1.0", "Bob 2.0" in...
  9. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  10. Should I delete this folder in the Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I delete this folder in the Registry: I have uninstalled Setpoint with Advanced Uninstaller but though it supposedly cleans up the Registry afterwards, it actually doesn't. While in the Registry, I typed "Setpoint" under Find and it brings me to this particular Folder. In it, I see several things regarding...