Windows 10: Should I delete this EFI Partition?

Discus and support Should I delete this EFI Partition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkgptx/should_i_delete_this_efi_partition/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/not_sahil, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

/u/not_sahil, Feb 15, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Should I delete this EFI Partition? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Feb 15, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

There are a couple of issues with the above sequence. First, @drpeppercan stated that they already deleted the EFI system and recovery partition. So why is there a select part 1 and delete part override in the command sequence? What is being deleted? The Microsoft System Reserved partition? Hopefully there is an MSR partition there because if partition 1 is the Windows OS partition, then you just deleted Windows. And if there is an MSR partition there, why delete it?

Second, without a size specified when creating the EFI System Partition, it is just going to fill all available free space at the beginning of the drive. If there was a recovery partition, EFI System Partition and MSR partition, that free space is likely to be 600 MB is size, so you just created a 600 MB EFI System Partition that only needs to be 100 MB in size.

Without seeing the layout of the disk with: select disk 0, detail disk, list part you can't really suggest an accurate list of commands to rebuild the EFI system partition. It's only guessing.

NavyLCDR, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Should I delete this EFI Partition?

1. Should I delete this EFI Partition? - Similar Threads - Should delete EFI

2. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  3. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI and Recovery partition got deleted: When attempting to dual boot with Linux, my EFI boot partition and the Microsoft Reserved partition got wiped.I am currently booted into a liveuser on EndeavourOS to view my partitions in GParted. - Top unallocated is where the EFI partiton should go- /dev/sda2 are my Windows...
  4. EFI and Recovery partition got deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  6. which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which one of "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy Recovery partition" should I delete: I recently deleted windows 10 that was installed in my HDD and I installed windows 11 on my SSD and if you look at the screenshot, the 122 GB deleted volume is where my windows 10 was installed and now I'm confused that should I delete "EFI System Partition" and "Healthy...
  7. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  8. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  9. Can I delete one EFI partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I delete one EFI partition?: Hi at all! I have used this procedure to move from Legacy BIOS to UEFI. Now msinfo32 shows UEFI, but I have two EFI partitions. See here: [img] Can I delete the third partition, without making my system unbootable? Thanks in advance! 75670
  10. Should i delete every partition?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i delete every partition?????: Hey.I have decided to reinstall windows with a clean install.Should i delete or format?I don't need to back up anything.I dont have two drives but i have created a partition which has some games that i can reinstall easily. 91052