Windows 10: Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

Discus and support Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older PC and older laptop. Both seem to be running just fine and both were successfully upgraded to Windows 2020 Fall edition yesterday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Moondoggy_451, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

I have an older PC and older laptop. Both seem to be running just fine and both were successfully upgraded to Windows 2020 Fall edition yesterday. When I was selecting my upgrade options I noticed there were about 8 optional upgrades available including western Digital driver upgrades to both devices and a slew of intel upgrades on my laptop. I'm one of these people that usually goes along with the concept of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" but on the other hand these are older systems and somewhat long in the tooth and I'm wondering if by applying them I would gain anything in terms of performance. Can anyone provide me with some pros and cons of doing any or all of these upgrades and feedback on the successes and/or failures of doing so? Thanks.

:)

Moondoggy_451, Nov 11, 2020

2. Audio driver keeps failing

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for responding.

Do let u know if you have referred through the Microsoft article and tried to deploy those troubleshooting steps?

If already deployed and the issue still persists, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Hrish Win User
    Best way to make a bootable WIndows 10 image on USB with all existing softwares, drivers & configurations to deploy on identical hardwares?

Best way to make a bootable Windows 10 image on USB with all existing software, drivers & configurations to deploy on exactly identical hardware?

There is no difference in the hardware we want to deploy that image on.

Planning to deploy this image on over 4000 desktops of same hardware configuration and make and model.

Is there a freeware/opensource/free software that we can use for this purpose commercially?

can you suggest a solution and KB article where it's step by step explained how to achieve it or do it?

Hrish, Nov 11, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

Thema:

Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

1. Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop - Similar Threads - Should deploy optional

2. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  3. should i update the driver ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i update the driver ?: but i read this section make me worry to update it,because maybe some trouble come when i finish the update, or i just stay with my driver laptop because last update is from windows 10 so i am confused...
  4. Should i update my drivers???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i update my drivers???: Should I update my drivers? I have updates in the optional updates saying there are updates for drivers sooo should I update it or keep it like that only. it says:-"if you have a specific problem one of these drivers might help. otherwise automatic updates will keep your...
  5. Should i install and optional update

Should i install and optional update: [ATTACH] Should I install this update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-and-optional-update/fb45f237-0960-49b8-bba4-39bdd43302ef
  6. Should I install these optional driver updates or will they cause any problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install these optional driver updates or will they cause any problems?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlxovi/should_i_install_these_optional_driver_updates_or/
  7. Should I download optional updates?

Should I download optional updates?: Should I install optional updates from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-download-optional-updates/9addd63a-fa13-4072-99bc-4d276a838a00
  8. Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these: A Bunch of Optional Updates available for my HP Laptop, HP Support assistant says no specific HP updates available, so wondering if it's safe to install these or not, or skip a couple of them if need be 165333
  9. Should I update driver or not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update driver or not?: In Device Manager under Network Adapter I have the Realtek PCIe Gbe Family Controller. The date of the driver is 9/4/2015 so it is quite an old driver but it states that "this device is working properly" and I'm having absolutely no issues or problems with it at all. Its a...
  10. Should i update my BIOS Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should i update my BIOS Drivers?: Should I update my BIOS Drivers? Actually, it takes a minute for the PC to boot... The boot time is extremely slow. That's why I'm thinking of updating my BIOS Drivers. Thanks *Smile Specs: Motherboard: MSI 880GMS - E41(FX) CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: PowerColor Devil R9 270x...