Windows 10: Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

Discus and support Should I disable hybrid shutdown ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Sep 6, 2020.

1. archz2 Win User

Should I disable hybrid shutdown ?

I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I haven't done much reading on this but I do it on intuition. I always hibernate my laptop so that it starts up faster. In order for a better health of my laptop, once a week, I restart it. Whenever I shut down my laptop, it hibernates instead due to hybrid mode turned on by default. Am I following a healthy practice or should I disable hybrid mode and shutdown once a week instead of restarting my laptop for a better performance?

:)

archz2, Sep 6, 2020

2. Microsoft must review the Fast shutdows (hybrid shutdown) in Windows 10 Takes too much time shutdown

I heve been watching forums with people who are having problems with Windows 10 fast boot/shutdown ( hybrid shutdown) and I include myself, as a reported behavior seems to be constant, the devices... laptops, desktop PCs remain in a state of shutdown,
    they are hanging on the shutdown process and takes way too much time to shutdown.

In my case, my desktop PC with Windows 10 Home 64bits and enable fast boot/shutdown (hybrid shutdown) are little faster booting up, but when you shutdown the PC its turn off the screen fast but then stays on a long time with the lights on and fans running.
    the actually shuting down takes really long time.

But when I disable boot/shutdown fast (hybrid shutdown) PC turns off completely fast

Eduardo Rojas Rodríguez, Sep 6, 2020
  3. SHUTDOWN ISSUE

Hi Abdur,

There are possible changes that occurred on your laptop after the recent update was installed, which may have triggered this behavior. For us to sort this out, may I have the current version and build of your Windows 10? To check, just type in
    winver in Cortana search, and hit Enter. Please take a screenshot of the result and share it on this thread.

In the meantime, you may try disabling the hybrid shutdown option. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Select Power Options.
    • In the left pane, click Choose what the power button does.
    • Under Define power buttons and turn on password protection, click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended), then click
      Save changes. This will disable the hybrid shutdown.
    • Close the Power Options window once done.

You may now try to shutdown your laptop and see if it works.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 6, 2020
  4. dcf-joe Win User

Mouse Led is on after shutdown Pc

It could also be the Hybrid Shutdown feature of your operating system.

Google how to disable hybrid shutdown for your specific OS and see if that helps.

dcf-joe, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Should I disable hybrid shutdown ? - Similar Threads - Should disable hybrid

2. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  3. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  4. Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?: Here is my Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV with Intel Core i5-8250u, Intel UHD 620 and AMD Radeon 540 switchable hybrid graphic system I have installed the recommended drivers from Lenovo.com , precisely from HERE (serial number omitted, but should still refer to the...
  5. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics): Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not...
  6. Should I disable the pagefile?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I disable the pagefile?: Just curious if I have enough memory to disable the pagefile without causing any harm?? [img] I have no idea how this happened! It's an older laptop that hasn't been booted in a year or so. It really has 8 GB of system memory, but apparently, Windows 7 forgot the...
  7. Should I disable Superfetch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I disable Superfetch?: I know it loads programs to the RAM so they can open faster and actually It doesn't really bother me but I just want to ask - Does it really improve performance that much? My system runs pretty fast, considering its age, and I'm just wondering, will there be a significant...
  8. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working: Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for...
  9. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...
  10. hybrid shutdown kernel size

in Windows 10 Support
    hybrid shutdown kernel size: hiberfil.sys size is fix. windows 10 hybrid shutdown save only kernel memory. But what is the amount of this memory? In task manager i read "Kernel WS" 1,400 MB. Do it is this? 39108