Windows 10: Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

Discus and support Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by K4zuki, Oct 20, 2021.

1. K4zuki Win User

Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast thorugh the city my framerates drop, and frametimes spike like ****. I was thinking the problem relied on my RAM, because it doesnt load the game, and my GPU cant render the frame, thats why it stutters, but my RAM is totally fine, no errors 8 GB 2400 mhz Adata Dual-Channel. Then I found this thing called memory compression, as I know it takes unused RAM, compresses it into a block and puts it on my harddrive in a specific File. But when I drive

:)

K4zuki, Oct 20, 2021
  2. SerhiyIA Win User

'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Oct 20, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Memory compression seems to be disabled - should I enable it?

Hi, you can check the state of memory compression (enabled or not) thus:

Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability? [​IMG]

Disable-MMAgent -mc
    disables it

Enable-MMAgent -mc
    enables it

This
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-048758f998d2

suggests a possible cause.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability? :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

1. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability? - Similar Threads - Should disable memory

2. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  3. memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  4. memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?: So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast thorugh the city my framerates drop, and frametimes spike like ****. I was thinking the problem relied on my RAM, because it...
  6. Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?

Should I disable memory compression on HDD for FPS Stability?: So, Im a simple man, I got a PC to play games, but I cant play properly because I have stutters all the time for example in GTA, when im driving fast thorugh the city my framerates drop, and frametimes spike like ****. I was thinking the problem relied on my RAM, because it...
  7. Memory compression seems to be disabled - should I enable it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory compression seems to be disabled - should I enable it?: Hi, I'm currently doing some maintenence on a friends laptop. I've upgraded the RAM and am also going to put an SSD in there which should dramatically improve performance. (It's only a Celeron!) Thing is I've noticed that in Task Manager under the Performance tab and...
  8. FPS Stability

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS Stability: Hi! I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and installed all the drivers I need to play games. My games are running at a high fps and are very stable, but my frames in Fortnite aren't that stable as they used to be after reinstalling the Windows and sometimes graphics would...
  9. Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?

Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use?: Should I compress local disk C to have more memory to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-compress-local-disk-c-to-have-more-memory/f1be0fb8-7ba0-483c-bddf-05f2aa78846a
  10. Is it ok if I disable Windows 10 memory compression?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it ok if I disable Windows 10 memory compression?: If I enable memory compression (via the mmagent cmdlet in powershell) I get this "error" in process explorer about a process called "memory compression" and the path reads "[a device attached to the system is not functioning.]": [img] When I try to access any kind of...