Windows 10: Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start"

Discus and support Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows 10 is running slow and says update files are missing and same with the touch screen driver. I am here to ask that which 1 is better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start"

Hello, my Windows 10 is running slow and says update files are missing and same with the touch screen driver. I am here to ask that which 1 is better to do. "Keep my files and restart" or Fresh start?" Well I will leave to you guys!

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 25, 2020

2. Fresh Start and Steam Files

I'm looking to use the fresh start feature, since I'm having issues with random restarting and general slowness. The problem is that every Steam game shows up on the list of applications to be deleted, and not all of them save to the cloud. I'm wondering
    if my game saves, and most importantly user data for applications in general, will be saved. Do I have to sort through all of my applications and move the saved files before using the fresh start? Or will it only delete the application's base files and not
    the saved info?

BradenCurrah, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start"

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh
    Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

katiera_012, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start"

1. Should I do a "keep my file and restart" or "Fresh start" - Similar Threads - Should keep file

2. how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?: I want to fresh start my computer.I follow all the instructions that I get, but once I get to additional info under fresh start, no option to get started appears.So what I want to know is why I can't see it, and what should I do to see it....
  3. how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I fresh start my hp probook 6570b?: I want to fresh start my computer.I follow all the instructions that I get, but once I get to additional info under fresh start, no option to get started appears.So what I want to know is why I can't see it, and what should I do to see it....
  4. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?: I forgot what windows it was but i have tried everything to try i guess. It asks me if i want a windows hello pin and i say yes, but then it just says it cant over and over again. I tried to press skip for now but it just resets! what should i do?...
  5. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?: I forgot what windows it was but i have tried everything to try i guess. It asks me if i want a windows hello pin and i say yes, but then it just says it cant over and over again. I tried to press skip for now but it just resets! what should i do?...
  6. My pc keeps restarting after i enter the password, what should i do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Do I need to do a Fresh Start reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to do a Fresh Start reset?: Hello! I was wondering if my problems would get fixed with a fresh reset. As soon as I turn my pc on, it starts fanning. This started happening since the newest update. My cpu also stays at 100% even when killing tasks. Is it worth a reset? View Poll submitted by...
  8. My service go 2 keep's on restarting, what should I DO!?!?!!?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My service go 2 keep's on restarting, what should I DO!?!?!!?!: I watched one of ProgrammingKnowledge's video's on restarting your public password on windows 10, so I decided to do it in another device. I did every step on what he did, and from now on my service pro is in a boost loop. I literally did everything, turned it off for 10...
  9. Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?: My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and it is now activated with digital license. I haven't signed with Microsoft account on it. When I started with my pc, I gave it a..you know whatever..user name. Though I can change the user name...
  10. Fresh Start Deleted files

Fresh Start Deleted files: Hi I completed a Fresh Start on my PC today. Now I have lost back up files for a certain program and the program was deleted. How can I get these files back? There is a file that is created call Windows old but the files don't seem to be in this folder....