Windows 10: Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ?

Discus and support Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm having this problem recently with the games that i installed on my old PC . First of all take a look at my specs: OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnPayne9, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ?

So I'm having this problem recently with the games that i installed on my old PC .

First of all take a look at my specs:

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5700 series Its last driver update was for 2015

GPU RAM: 1GB GDDR5

Display: 1360*768 60Hz

CPU: Intel Pentium CPU G620 @2.60GHz 2 CPUs
    RAM: 4GB DDR3

I know it's a very old computer but i need to be able to run some optimized games on it since i'll be away from my new PC for a while.

Games i'm talking about are Far Cry 3 , Grand Theft Auto V , Subnautica and etc.You'll be able to see system requirements for these three games in these links:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/far-cry-3/11465

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/subnautica/12571
    I had pretty a bad malware on my windows 7 with a gt520 Graphic card so i had to change my widows and do a full malware scan and i told my self why not Windows 10 ?
    Those three games i mentioned used to run very smoothly and without a single problem on my gt520 and windows 7.
    Since i "upgraded" my graphic card and windows I can't run my favorite games.

Texture pop-ups, Low FPS , Bad quality Textures
    And i didn't have any of these problems on an older graphic card and windows.
    And i read on many Forums that people with older graphic cards and windows 10 had the same problem as mine.

So my first question is should i downgrade my windows ?
    and my second question is what features do I lose if i downgrade ? Gaming wise

Thank you for reading. Any solutions would be appreciated.

:)

JohnPayne9, Mar 21, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows 7 Will Allow Downgrades too

Even though there's still some time left before the official release of Windows 7, Microsoft - the creator of this OS - confirmed today that just like some Windows Vista distributions could be downgraded to Windows XP with ease, the same will apply to Windows 7. General users of Windows 7 will be given the option of downgrading right over Vista to Windows XP, a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed.
    "This is not the first time that Microsoft has offered downgrade rights to a version other than its immediate predecessor," the spokesperson told Betanews, "and our Software Assurance customers can always downgrade to any previous version of Windows."
    Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly how downgrade rights will work with Windows 7 - for now we know that Windows 7 will be downgradable to either Windows Vista or Windows XP - the rest of the details remain unclear.

Source: Betanews

malware, Mar 21, 2020
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ?

1. Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for a better gaming experience ? - Similar Threads - Should downgrade better

2. Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7: I have an old laptop which had windows 7 pre-installed with it with official license key. I upgraded to windows 10 and my license key has not been activated and even some features are not working as before and I'm willing to revert back to windows 7 again.How can I do that...
  3. Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7: I have an old laptop which had windows 7 pre-installed with it with official license key. I upgraded to windows 10 and my license key has not been activated and even some features are not working as before and I'm willing to revert back to windows 7 again.How can I do that...
  4. Should I Downgrade To Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I Downgrade To Windows 10??: Hello,I am a user running Windows 11 Pro and I thought that "Should I Downgrade To Windows 10?". So, Should I do it? By The Way, My PC Specs are:CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U @2.20 GHz, Turbo boost up to 2.70 GHzGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500RAM: 4 GB Of RAM @ 1.6 GHzStorage: 1 TB...
  5. Should I Downgrade To Windows 10??

Should I Downgrade To Windows 10??: Hello,I am a user running Windows 11 Pro and I thought that "Should I Downgrade To Windows 10?". So, Should I do it? By The Way, My PC Specs are:CPU: Intel Core i5 5200U @2.20 GHz, Turbo boost up to 2.70 GHzGPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500RAM: 4 GB Of RAM @ 1.6 GHzStorage: 1 TB...
  6. I can't downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7: Hi , i have a problem here , i just upgraded like 3 days ago from windows 7 to windows 10 and my pc isn't running properly with 10 , and i want to downgrade , but the the option "go back to windows 7" it's not there , why? TO MENTION : the folder windows.old it's still THERE....
  7. I can't downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7

I can't downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7: Hi , i have a problem here , i just upgraded like 3 days ago from windows 7 to windows 10 and my pc isn't running properly with 10 , and i want to downgrade , but the the option "go back to windows 7" it's not there , why? TO MENTION : the folder windows.old it's still THERE....
  8. Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should i downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1?: Hi, A few years ago, I bought a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and it has been working slower ever since. Also, it seems that every time I start it, it installs an update. I've been thinking of going back to Windows 8.1,...
  9. should I downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    should I downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8?: I have been using windows 10 ever since I purchased my laptop and it worked fine though, after some time, my habits changed and I started checking updates on a daily basis and this is when the multiple problems started to occur and mostly I had to reinstall windows. This...
  10. downgrading from windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading from windows 10 to 7: hello everyone and thanks for reading i have a hp pavilion dv6 laptop that came with an installed original version of windows 7. i used free upgrade to windows 10 a year ago but my graphic cards drivers dont work properly on windows 10. so i want to go back to windows 7 but...