Windows 10: Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”?

Discus and support Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Today I checked for updates, and Windows pushed me an optional “preview” update. Is it safe to download this? Or will it be buggy? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Coopmel04, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”?

Hello,

Today I checked for updates, and Windows pushed me an optional “preview” update. Is it safe to download this? Or will it be buggy?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Coopmel04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Coopmel04, Oct 30, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

AND for Poor People in POOR countries with poor internet speed and budget /bandwidth problems

10 x 100mb downloads spread out over time for these people may be do'able
    1x 1 gig cumulative Download may in those circumstances be not possable

Not Every one has or can afford mega Bandwidth for these mega updates

ESPECIALLY IF MICROSOFT'S UPDATE fu&KS YOUR pC and your left to redownload

dorsetknob, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”?

Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”?

1. Should I download “Cumulative Update Previews”? - Similar Threads - Should download “Cumulative

2. Should I uninstall cumulative update previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I uninstall cumulative update previews: So yesterday I accidentally press install on some cumulative update previews, and previews are not even a full cumulative update, so I want to uninstall that update via control panel, but should I? Or at least does it delete itself after I install the REAL cumulative updates?...
  3. Should I uninstall cumulative update previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I uninstall cumulative update previews: So yesterday I accidentally press install on some cumulative update previews, and previews are not even a full cumulative update, so I want to uninstall that update via control panel, but should I? Or at least does it delete itself after I install the REAL cumulative updates?...
  4. Should I uninstall cumulative update previews

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I uninstall cumulative update previews: So yesterday I accidentally press install on some cumulative update previews, and previews are not even a full cumulative update, so I want to uninstall that update via control panel, but should I?...
  5. What is a cumulative update preview

What is a cumulative update preview: I am a home user of Windows 10. Can someone tell me what is a cumulative update preview? And why is it being offered to me on Windows Update. I normally install all Windows updates that I am offered, but this one KB4586853 seems suspicious. Why is it called a "preview"? If it...
  6. i updated the nov 2020 cumulative preview

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i updated the nov 2020 cumulative preview: i updated the nov 2020 preview update. the defender virus scan would not allow the option for a manual scan. i restored to a previous system image. did not help. i could no longer update the nov 2020 preview. i am now using malware bytes virus scan i can now do a...
  7. cumulative update preview KB568831

cumulative update preview KB568831: hi there: Can someone tell what is the cumulative update preview KB568831? Can't find any info. of it or the KB number online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-preview-kb568831/8adcbdef-5793-4f2f-860e-0850391fd630
  8. Cumulative update installed automatically while downloading feature update! Should I have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cumulative update installed automatically while downloading feature update! Should I have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Meiisheart [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0xa1w/cumulative_update_installed_automatically_while/
  9. Should I download the latest cumulative update? (KB4532695)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I download the latest cumulative update? (KB4532695): [ATTACH] I heard that the update broke things for people, so I'm scared to download it. https://preview.redd.it/1rndp2tlsye41.png?width=722&format=png&auto=webp&s=4a59142d3aa3b2892ae79e5134dc4c1e9b571719 submitted by /u/Superyoshers9 [link] [comments]...
  10. Downloading cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading cumulative updates: Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?...