Windows 10: Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

Discus and support Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc.

Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine.
    But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd.

Will I need a win10 dvd?
    Should I do this now before the free upgrade grace period ends in a year?
    What is best way to do this, do you have a link?
    I also did download a win10 iso, but not sure what to do with it, outside of the media tool, can I just use software to burn that iso to dvd?

What do you think?

:)

sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015
  2. J2DD Win User

Will I be able to download and burn an iso Windows 10?

I wonder if you could do that without actually upgrading the existing machine first...such as swapping out the existing Win7 HD for a new, blank one to install Win10.

3. Will I be able to download and burn an iso Windows 10?

I have multiple computers, do I have to download Windows 10 on each computer?

You can download a .ISO file and upgrade each computer offline. The ISO should be available by the time Windows 10 launches.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition of Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading. If you upgrade to the wrong edition, ie. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro, you will have to purchase a license
    for Windows 10 Pro or
    go back
    to Windows 7 Home Premium and upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

What
    are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Will I get a product key, can I get a product key?

By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one even after Windows 10 has completed setup.

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed:
    It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

Source:
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

Andre Da Costa, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

Mark Phelps, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Just go ahead & do it. Can't do any harm to have an installation DVD for Windows 10!

WightWalker, Aug 19, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    Yes you can burn this to DVD with any burning software.

7. Since win 10 is activated, having the DVD install, I could do a clean install if say the drive crashed and it needed another hard drive.
    Or lets say the MB fried, could I then do a clean install of win10 on another PC using the 8.1 key I used to install 8.1 pro, and MS would activate the new PC?

sdowney717, Aug 19, 2015
  8. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

Ok, downloaded in Ubuntu and burning. To do this is easy, just write click the file to see burn option.

Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD? [​IMG]

sdowney717, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD?

1. Should I download win10 and burn an iso to DVD? - Similar Threads - Should download win10

2. Unable to burn WinPE ISO to DVD+RW disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to burn WinPE ISO to DVD+RW disc: I got myself a DVD+RW disk a few days ago, so I decided to burn a WinPE ISO. But after burning, the disc just ejected itself out and when I inserted it again, there was nothing. I tried reburning the ISO file multiple times but it still have nothing in the disc. How do I...
  3. Burning ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning ISO to DVD: I want to burn the Windows 10 1903 ISO to my DVD. Problem is the DVD capacity is just shy of what I need. The ISO is 5.59 GB and the DVD is 4.37 GB. Any ideas, James...
  4. Burning DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  5. How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to burn an .iso file to a dvd...: its status is 'Files Ready to Burn'... the next step is not intuitive ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-dvd/1da572d8-57f7-4dcf-a59d-2294f2c2ee0e"
  6. Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burn Window 10 ISO to DVD: How do I burn Window 10 64 bit ISO to dvd that has 4.7GB only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-window-10-iso-to-dvd/7a738b61-21de-4618-854d-8298399fbbd9
  7. burn ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    burn ISO: If I am not mistaken I used Windows 10 alone to download and burn the ISO for a spare disc. Please correct me if wrong. If I want to burn an ISO to a flash drive with Windows 10, do I need 3rd party software? lastly I was burning DVD s to flash drive by copy and paste....
  8. How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI?

How To Burn Win10 ISO as UEFI?: I've been googling around but still I can't find a way to burn an ISO into a disc as UEFI. I know I can just simply use Rufus to create a UEFI bootable ISO but I would also like to learn how to burn it into a blank DVD disk as UEFI compatible. Thanks! 51242
  9. burning an ISO DVD

burning an ISO DVD: I burned one with Windows 7 and noticed it seemed to burn at full speed. Is it worth using a program like imgburn which allows you to select slower burn speeds, perhaps resulting in fewer installation problems? 6448
  10. Burning ISO

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning ISO: Hiya...I got this error when trying to burn to DVD...can anybody tell me why this many have happened please? TIA [img] 55317