Windows 10: Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?

Discus and support Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just deployed a Lenovo M90n. Windows self-installed with the "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR" disabled. That suggests someone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaygourley, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?

I just deployed a Lenovo M90n. Windows self-installed with the "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR" disabled. That suggests someone smarter than me thought there was some problem with enabling the setting by default. Can someone explain why that security setting should or should not be enabled? On the surface, it sounds like risk-free good idea to enable it. So I assume there's more involved.

:)

jaygourley, Nov 18, 2020
  2. advsrch Win User

ASLR in GPU-Z

Hello,

Is there a reason why GPU-Z does not use ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization, Address space layout randomization - Wikipedia ) ? When I force its use thorugh group policy, everything appears to be working fine.

advsrch, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Key Windows 10 defense is 'worthless' and dates back to Windows 8

Read more: Key Windows 10 defense is 'worthless' and bug dates back to Windows 8 | ZDNet

See also: Clarifying the behavior of mandatory ASLR - Defense

Brink, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?

Key Windows 10 defense is 'worthless' and dates back to Windows 8

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?

1. Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"? - Similar Threads - Should enable Force

2. Should I enable this feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I enable this feature?: Should I enable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-enable-this-feature/16ca2b6c-196a-40a7-a531-83cda9639083
  3. Should I enable this feature?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I enable this feature?: Should I enable this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-enable-this-feature/16ca2b6c-196a-40a7-a531-83cda9639083
  4. Should I enable bitlocker or not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I enable bitlocker or not: So I wanted to enable BitLocker but people like my uncle who has experience with computers and other people think it's a bad ideabut I'm the type of guy who would want to protect my computer. So I need help if I should enable BitLocker or not....
  5. Should I force an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I force an update?: My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to...
  6. Should I force an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I force an update?: My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to...
  7. Should I enable IPV6 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I enable IPV6 ?: From a fresh install. (1 hour old) Due to a bug, I had to disable IPV6 on my laptop. (MS Store could not download/update apps, error 0x80D02017) Is it important to have IPV6 enabled, should I enable it again? submitted by /u/Reidah [link] [comments]...
  8. Should I Disable or Enable 8dot3name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Disable or Enable 8dot3name?: Should I disable or enable 8dot3name? Crucial Storage Executive displayed a warning message in the application saying it should be disabled. Windows 10 Version 1909 154381
  9. Installation has forced a mandatory password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installation has forced a mandatory password: so I put 10 in my family computer and now my computer is forced to use my live password as a mandatory password, and there is no way to remove it. So I am asking, how do I remove the Mandatory password, because it is beyond grotesque something else dictates how I manage my...
  10. Should I enable hyperthreading?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I enable hyperthreading?: Hello all, I am seeking some advice / instruction. While looking things over on Speccy, I noticed that hyperthreading is not enabled on my system. Should I enable it, and what would be the benefits. Also, if I do enable, how would I go about it. I will try to post a screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. forced randimization for images

3. should force randomization for image.be on or.off