Windows 10: Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

Discus and support Should i enable the hidden administrator account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Should i enable the hidden administrator account? Could someone clarify what the advantage is? 125074 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cerawy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

Could someone clarify what the advantage is?

:)

Cerawy, Jan 10, 2019

2. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Enabling hidden elevated administrator account fails

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with enabling hidden elevated administrator account.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you have any other administrator User Account?

If you have other administrator user account, you may login to that user account and try to
    enable built-in administrator account. If there are no other administrator user accounts, you may enable built-in administrator account from WinRE and check if it helps. To enable built-in
    administrator account follow these steps:

• Insert the Windows 10 Installation Disc.

• Click on Repair your System.

• Click on Advanced Startup Options.

• Click on Command Prompt.

• Type: net user administrator /active: yes
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Should i enable the hidden administrator account?

How to enable the hidden administrator in windows 10

Hi Frazer,

Enabling the hidden administrator account will allow you to do anything without restrictions. We suggest disabling the feature after making changes to the PC. It is also best to create a password to protect it from an unauthorized access. To do this procedure,
    follow these steps:

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows +
      R keys.
    • In the Run command box, type lusrmgr.msc and then press
      Enter key to open Local Users and Groups window.
    • In the left-pane, click Users folder to see various account names in the middle pane.
    • Double-click on the Administrator entry in the middle pane to open its
      properties dialog.
    • Under the General tab, uncheck the option labelled Account is disabled, and then click
      Apply button to enable the built-in admin account.
    Close the Local Users and Groups window. The enabled Administrator account should be visible on the login screen. Also, you can quickly switch to or sign in to the Administrator account by clicking the user name on the Start and then clicking Administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Robert Caw, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Should i enable the hidden administrator account? - Similar Threads - Should enable hidden

2. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  3. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  4. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  5. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account": I am getting decidedly tired of the repeated messages in Windows 10 on my overpriced Microsoft-based Alienware computer telling me that I do not have administrator privileges and therefore my actions are blocked. I am the ONLY account on my PC besides the damned hidden admin...
  6. REMOVE hidden "Administrator Account"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.: I look after 16 PC's in a small business of which 7 of them suddenly had the hidden administrator enabled and visible at login. This is not a Domain setup just a workgroup. how and why should/could this happen....
  8. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.: I look after 16 PC's in a small business of which 7 of them suddenly had the hidden administrator enabled and visible at login. This is not a Domain setup just a workgroup. how and why should/could this happen....
  9. Hidden Administrator suddenly enabled on multiple devices.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to enable the hidden Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the hidden Windows 11 administrator account: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system includes several user accounts, including an administrator account, that are disabled by default. Users who start Windows 11 for the first time need to create a user account to start using the operating system. The user account is of...