Windows 10: Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD?

Discus and support Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am asking whether I should have this on for my internal SSD and internal HDD? The reason why I am asking this is because it says "But a power outage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xJayce98x, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD?

I am asking whether I should have this on for my internal SSD and internal HDD?

The reason why I am asking this is because it says "But a power outage or equipment failure might lead in data loss or corruption."

I don't want my data to be endangered of becoming corrupted.

submitted by /u/xJayce98x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xJayce98x, Feb 8, 2021

2. Auto re-enable of write-caching in Windows 10

If I disable the "Enable write caching on the device" by un-ticking the box it will be ticked again if I switch the computer off and on again. It remains un-ticked if I restart. I do not want the enable write cache to auto enable when I switch off the
    computer. Any suggestions?

Matthew_953, Feb 8, 2021
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows 10 Update and random crashes SSD drive

What brand of SSD do you have? I suggest checking with the computer/SSD manufacturer's web site to see if there is a firmware update for it.

You could also try turning of Write caching on the SSD

Right click on Start > Device manager, click the arrow next to Disk drives
    to see a list of your drives. Right click on the SSD, choose Properties

In the Policies tab, untick the box Enable write caching on the device, click OK

John582n, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD?

HDD vs SSD

HDD is a generic term. A SSD drive is internally labeled as HDD. It appears like your drive is a SSD. The Octane drive appears to be a SSD drive that is a large cache for the drive so the drive appears as SSD because of the cache is 100gb of SSD and the
    remainder is a hard drive. However all the data passes through the cache so it appears as a SSD to the system. I think this is what is happening. It is my best guess.

Richard_Horan, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD?

1. Should i enable write caching policy for SSD And HDD? - Similar Threads - Should enable write

2. Write caching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Write caching: I don't know if it's windows 10 or my hard drive but every time I enable write caching it gets disabled after a restart I need this to be on without it write speed is 10 to 15 MB. submitted by /u/Trick_Economy_5565 [link] [comments]...
  3. Use SSD as cache for HDD

Use SSD as cache for HDD: Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use a 128GB SSD as cache for my 2TB HDD. What program should I use? Is it a native Windows feature? Is this the right subreddit to post this? Thanks :) submitted by /u/GnossisYT [link] [comments]...
  4. What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?

What should I do when SSD is full and HDD is not?: Hi. So I have 500gb on my SSD and 1tb on my HDD and I'm pretty much at the max on my sdd while I have a ton more space on my tb. I'm a bit unsure on what to do at this point. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/pzfalcon [link] [comments]...
  5. Disable Disk Write Caching on SSD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Disk Write Caching on SSD in Windows 10: Hi, I read the tutorial on how to disable write caching. But, when I shut down and later turn on my PC and check the policy tab for my Samsung SSD C: drive the caching box is checked again. Also I turned off "RAPID" on the SSD. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks...
  6. How should I configure a SSD & HDD for photo editing?

How should I configure a SSD & HDD for photo editing?: I had to send my HP Envy back as it was defective. I am in the process of picking out a new one & I would like to know if having a SSD & HDD would be best for photo editing? I have read so many different opinions about what to store on each that I don't know what to do. I...
  7. Hard drives write cache is always enabled at startup.

Hard drives write cache is always enabled at startup.: I want to disable my hard drives write cache to protect my machine in the event of a power failure, ie me having to to a hard reboot when it has frozen up. However I notice it keeps being re-enable at start-up. Any idea on how to fix it? The drive is actually one I...
  8. Disabling Write Cache on Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Write Cache on Drive: Hi, I have seen in Event Viewer a Warning saying it is Recommended to Disable Write Cache on "DR2". - How to identify which Drive is that DR2? - Should I indeed disable the Write Cache as recomended by Windows? Thank you. 58268
  9. Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10 Disk write caching is a feature that improves system performance by using fast volatile memory (RAM) to collect write commands sent to data storage...
  10. New Win10 laptop w PCIe SSD + HDD, where should the Cache Drive be?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 laptop w PCIe SSD + HDD, where should the Cache Drive be?: Hi, I just bought a new laptop with 256GB NVMe PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD and 16 GB of DDR 4 RAM. It's running Win 10 Home 64Bit. I am wondering where should have the cache drive or virtual memory? and how big should it be? If it have it on SSD it will be faster but - it...