Windows 10: Should I force an update?

Discus and support Should I force an update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasKabalin, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Should I force an update?

My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to use Windows Update Assistant to force the update, or should I wait?

My laptop is an Asus Vivobook x571LH, with an i7-10750h, GTX 1650, 16gb RAM and a 512gb SSD.

:)

ThomasKabalin, Sep 30, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Should I force an update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 30, 2020
  3. 6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Sep 30, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Should I force an update?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Should I force an update?

1. Should I force an update? - Similar Threads - Should force update

2. Still on version 1909: how to force it - or should I?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still on version 1909: how to force it - or should I?: I am still on version 1909. That's despite always getting the message that I am up to date. And I don't recall even ever having an offer to update. [img] Reading around I get the impression this is because MS knows that something (a driver?) on my PC won't survive an update...
  3. Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I enable "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR"?: I just deployed a Lenovo M90n. Windows self-installed with the "Force randomization for images mandatory ASLR" disabled. That suggests someone smarter than me thought there was some problem with enabling the setting by default. Can someone explain why that security setting...
  4. Should I force an update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I force an update?: My new laptop is running Windows 10 build 1909 and a few days ago I got the option to update to build 2004. The next day, when I went to update, I got the “your device is not ready” message. I thought that by now all compatibility problems would be fixed. Is it safe for me to...
  5. Accounts and forced links - This should be illegal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accounts and forced links - This should be illegal: I just connected my microsoft account to a friend's pc to play a game... Little did i know that win10 would automatically assume that i was the admin user no microsoft account was linked prior to this. So now my account is the master admin on this computer and my friend had...
  6. Should I update to 1909?

Should I update to 1909?: I have all these cumulative updates that all fail for some reason. Something about corrupted system files. Would updating Windows to 1909 be alright to do? submitted by /u/WHO_JERKED_ME_OFF [link] [comments]...
  7. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  8. MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS won't update my system to 1903? Should i just force the update?: My system is a Lenovo T560. I have had this message for months now: [img] Not exactly informative. We are now half-way to the fall 2019 update, so why isn't this relatively new system ready to be updated? Should I just use MCT and force the upgrade to 1903? What is the...
  9. Should I be updating it or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I be updating it or not?: Hi, I checked my laptop for windows update and got an update for Windows 10 version 1809. But I read at a few places that when you check for update manually Microsoft pushes the under testing build to the users. So does that mean that the update I have received is a beta...
  10. Will I be forced to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I be forced to update?: Hello, I'm currently running on limited data, as such I have enabled the "Metered connection" on my network that prevents most Windows Updates from downloading. I'm running Windows 10 version 1607. It wants to do a feature update of 4GB+. Today I got a notifcation from...