Windows 10: should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ?

Discus and support should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I also downloaded windows installation media tool to a usb drive but i purchased windows 10 pro and have key for that .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SandyKearney1, Sep 8, 2021.

1. should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ?

I also downloaded windows installation media tool to a usb drive but i purchased windows 10 pro and have key for that .

:)

SandyKearney1, Sep 8, 2021

2. Old SSD to new computer

I have an old SSD that I would like to install and use on a new computer that already has one SSD and on HD. Windows is installed on the new computer on the SSD. However, windows was also installed on the old SSD I would like to move to the new computer.
    When I hook up the old SSD windows will not start and goes to blue screen with options to recover, use different version of windows, etc. As soon as I disconnect it, windows boots right up again. How do I format the old one to get windows off of it to use
    it as storage?

SOTF KrameR, Sep 8, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 8, 2021
  4. should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ?

Adding an old SSD to new computer

To use the Old SSD for games, it would be recommended o just cleanly format it. Losing the Old installed Widnows in the old SSD is perfectly fine, since you will still be able to have its license online (On your MS Account).

Before cleanly formating it, please to to recover your important personal-old files first.

System reserve shows up, when you have the old SSD, then is belong to the said drive. If you do not plan to boot from the old SSD anymore, then it is ok to Delete it together with the old Windows 10 installation.

If your concern is that you have the Legacy version of Windows 10 (1511 and 1607), then I suggedt that you just keep the drive.

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ?

1. should i format ssd from old computer before installing windows ? - Similar Threads - should format ssd

2. Should i erase and format my disk before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i erase and format my disk before installing Windows 10?: Hi. I used another OS, but i decided to install Windows 10. Before i installed Windows, i used DBAN's Quick Erase option to remove the information from the previous OS. Did i do a good thing? Should the HDD be erased, so Windows can be installed in a clean environment, or is...
  3. Should i erase and format my disk before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should i erase and format my disk before installing Windows 10?: Hi. I used another OS, but i decided to install Windows 10. Before i installed Windows, i used DBAN's Quick Erase option to remove the information from the previous OS. Did i do a good thing? Should the HDD be erased, so Windows can be installed in a clean environment, or is...
  4. Should i erase and format my disk before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should i remove hdd before installing windows on ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i remove hdd before installing windows on ssd?: Hi~ I'm using a laptop and i intend to reinstall windows 10 on my new ssd. Is it necessary to remove my hdd no windows installed before installing windows 10 on ssd? If yes, what is the reason of this? Thank you in advance!...
  6. Just formatted my old SSD. Should I use MBR or GPT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just formatted my old SSD. Should I use MBR or GPT?: I'm selling my old PC and was unable to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my drive. I cleaned the disk using the command prompt and now I have to initialise the disk. It's an older SSD (2014) so I'm not sure if I should do MBR or GPT? submitted by /u/wachiga [link]...
  7. Should I unninstall or format windows from HDD before changing motherboard?

Should I unninstall or format windows from HDD before changing motherboard?: I an thinking of changing my motherboard and cpu. Will there be any complication if I didnot format/unninstall windows from my HDD? submitted by /u/GreatBlueTiger [link] [comments]...
  8. Should I unninstall or format windows from HDD before changing motherboard?

Should I unninstall or format windows from HDD before changing motherboard?: I am thinking of changing my mother board and processor. Should I unninstall or format my HDD with windows 10 OS? submitted by /u/GreatBlueTiger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gc0qjb/should_i_unninstall_or_format_windows_from_hdd/
  9. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  10. Format old SSD with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Format old SSD with Windows 10: Hi All.... I recently upgraded to a PCI SSD and want to format the SSD with the old installation files on it and use it for storage. What would be the proper way to go about this with both versions on those drives being Windows 10, and the new PCI SSD Windows 10 Creators...