Windows 10: Should I get windows 10 Education?

Discus and support Should I get windows 10 Education? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a student and have the opportunity to get a student discount for Windows through their education program... I’m not going to be using my pc for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Preston_Scotf, Apr 6, 2020.

  1. Should I get windows 10 Education?


    I am a student and have the opportunity to get a student discount for Windows through their education program... I’m not going to be using my pc for education though, I’m going to be using it to edit/game with. Will windows 10 education bottleneck my ability to do these things or is it better to do them with than just the regular windows 10 home?

    submitted by /u/Preston_Scotf
    [link] [comments]

    :)
     
    /u/Preston_Scotf, Apr 6, 2020
    #1
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2020
    #2
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

    Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

    Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

    • Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK


    credit to Lifehacker.
     
    Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
    #3
  4. Kari Win User

    Should I get windows 10 Education?

    Windows 10 Education Pro

    I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

    Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

    If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

    Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

     
    Kari, Apr 6, 2020
    #4
Thema:

Should I get windows 10 Education?

Loading...
  1. Should I get windows 10 Education? - Similar Threads - Should Education

  2. What Should I Look for in a Bulk URL Extraction Tool?

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Should I Look for in a Bulk URL Extraction Tool?: Hello everyone. I’m researching different bulk URL extraction tools and would appreciate some advice from people who have used them. My main goal is to extract URLs from large amounts of web content without spending hours doing everything manually. Important features for...
  3. Should you disable GDID tracker in Windows 11?

    in Windows 10 News
    Should you disable GDID tracker in Windows 11?: [ATTACH]If you have recently heard about the GDID tracker in Windows 11 and are wondering whether you should disable it, read this post. We’ll explain what GDID is, how it works, and how to disable it on Windows 11. Windows already uses several identifiers for different...
  4. Secure boot is on but your device is using an older boot trust configuration that should be...

    in Windows 10 News
    Secure boot is on but your device is using an older boot trust configuration that should be...: The current set of Secure Boot Certificates will expire in June 2026. After that, users whose computers have the older certificates may encounter boot issues. Also, their devices will become vulnerable to Rootkits. That’s why Microsoft is installing the latest Secure Boot...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Features Every Modern Worker Should Enable in 2026

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Pro Features Every Modern Worker Should Enable in 2026: Windows 11 Pro includes several built-in features that can make a work PC more secure, easier to manage, and better suited to hybrid work. Microsoft includes tools such as BitLocker, Hyper-V, Windows Sandbox, Group Policy, and Remote Desktop in the Pro edition, but many users...
  6. Windows 11 Has 4 Powerful Features Most Users Never Turn On (But Should)

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Has 4 Powerful Features Most Users Never Turn On (But Should): Microsoft includes several built-in Windows 11 features that improve usability and system management, but some of the most practical tools remain disabled by default. Enabling a handful of system settings can make Windows clearer, more efficient, and easier to manage without...
  7. Should I disable JavaScript Optimization in Chrome?

    in Windows 10 News
    Should I disable JavaScript Optimization in Chrome?: [IMG]JavaScript is a programming language that developers use to make interactive webpages. JavaScript has made webpages and web applications dynamic. It is responsible for refreshing social media feeds, displaying animations, etc. JavaScript optimization is enabled by...
  8. Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?

    in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?: I'm not very tech-savvy, so I don't know what to do. I keep getting a pop-up that says my license will expire soon. The computer i'm using is a school computer that I was allowed to keep after graduating. Should I buy a new license? And how does one buy a new license? Any...
  9. How should I switch back to windows 10 Home after changing to windows 10 education

    in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How should I switch back to windows 10 Home after changing to windows 10 education: I just got the product key for windows 10 education from my college. So I just changed my product key from home to education. But now i found that I will have to pay for this new product key of education version after 1 month of use. So I want to switch back to the old...
  10. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

    in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...