Windows 10: Should I get windows 10 Education?

Discus and support Should I get windows 10 Education? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am a student and have the opportunity to get a student discount for Windows through their education program... I’m not going to be using my pc for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Preston_Scotf, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Should I get windows 10 Education?

I am a student and have the opportunity to get a student discount for Windows through their education program... I’m not going to be using my pc for education though, I’m going to be using it to edit/game with. Will windows 10 education bottleneck my ability to do these things or is it better to do them with than just the regular windows 10 home?

submitted by /u/Preston_Scotf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Preston_Scotf, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Should I get windows 10 Education?

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Should I get windows 10 Education?

1. Should I get windows 10 Education? - Similar Threads - Should Education

2. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  3. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  4. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  5. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

"something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  6. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  7. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  8. Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?: I'm not very tech-savvy, so I don't know what to do. I keep getting a pop-up that says my license will expire soon. The computer i'm using is a school computer that I was allowed to keep after graduating. Should I buy a new license? And how does one buy a new license? Any...
  9. How should I switch back to windows 10 Home after changing to windows 10 education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How should I switch back to windows 10 Home after changing to windows 10 education: I just got the product key for windows 10 education from my college. So I just changed my product key from home to education. But now i found that I will have to pay for this new product key of education version after 1 month of use. So I want to switch back to the old...
  10. Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I change my Windows product key from Home to Education/ Education N?: Hello, I would like to find out the following if I change my Windows version: Would I be able to use the Home version for other devices? The Education version is provided by my university, is it permanent? Its from https://portal.azure.com. Thanks in advance =...