Windows 10: Should I go forward with restoring the system because I couldn't fix windows update issues?

Discus and support Should I go forward with restoring the system because I couldn't fix windows update issues? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I probably had disabled windows update WU sometime in 2020. In 14th January 2021 I discovered that to download an app from the microsoft store I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fia Haque, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Fia Haque Win User

Should I go forward with restoring the system because I couldn't fix windows update issues?

I probably had disabled windows update WU sometime in 2020.

In 14th January 2021 I discovered that to download an app from the microsoft store I need to have WU enabled, so I went to do that and the issues began. At first I tried to access windows update from settings but it doesn't load at all for me. So I figured out that if I go to service.msc and enable windows update it will solve it but didn't work and says access is denied. Ok, so I saw some similar posts of using command prompt and doing it manually and I tried but errors and missing dlls kept stopping me from fixing anything.

So the only way I see is to restore or reinstall windows 10 from settings, it says that my files will be kept...but I'm scared about what if something is deleted by mistake? I wont be using an ISO or anything because in settings it doesnt say anything about having an external copy of windows so should I go forward with restoring? Has anyone faced any instances of files from desktop, documents or downloads folders dissapearing after restoring using this option from settings?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:)

Fia Haque, Jan 14, 2021

2. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Unrecognized Windows Sign In Account Issue & Windows 10 System Restore Error "0x800703f1" Issue

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Walo71a Win User

Should I go forward with restoring the system because I couldn't fix windows update issues?

Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows – Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created
    a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Should I go forward with restoring the system because I couldn't fix windows update issues? - Similar Threads - Should forward restoring

2. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?: There's a system restore point at 6/13/2023. My profile is corrupted and I could just create another profile. I kind of wanted to do the system restore but I'm not sure. The corruption happened after I was scanning Windows Defender and the power went out.Thank you!...
  3. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?: There's a system restore point at 6/13/2023. My profile is corrupted and I could just create another profile. I kind of wanted to do the system restore but I'm not sure. The corruption happened after I was scanning Windows Defender and the power went out.Thank you!...
  4. Should I migrate profiles or do a system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should I monitor a system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I monitor a system restore?: Hi!I'm wondering if I need to constantly monitor a system restore process or not. it's been stuck on the registry for a long time now. I just need a straightforward yes or no....
  6. Should I monitor a system restore?

Should I monitor a system restore?: Hi!I'm wondering if I need to constantly monitor a system restore process or not. it's been stuck on the registry for a long time now. I just need a straightforward yes or no....
  7. Should I monitor a system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 11 Update "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" ,What should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" ,What should I do: Hello everyone! I am receiving this message while I am updatng my windowa 11 version "We couldn't update the system reserved partition. What should I do?...
  9. Windows 11 Update "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" ,What should I do

Windows 11 Update "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" ,What should I do: Hello everyone! I am receiving this message while I am updatng my windowa 11 version "We couldn't update the system reserved partition. What should I do?...
  10. Should I go for a NAS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I go for a NAS?: Hey guys, This post is not really about Win10 but I have been wondering about this for a while. Currently, all my files (about 5tb of documents, photos and videos) are stored on different hdds, the most important files being also backed up on external hdds. Now that...