Windows 10: Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager

Discus and support Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noticed I have two sound drivers on my system (see jpg attached)...is this either normal or necessary...and should I delete/remove one or the other ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Nov 20, 2019.

1. trinaz Win User

Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager

Noticed I have two sound drivers on my system (see jpg attached)...is this either normal or necessary...and should I delete/remove one or the other ??

Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager [​IMG]

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Nov 20, 2019

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 20, 2019
  3. trinaz Win User

Noticed I have two sound drivers on my system (see jpg attached)...is this either normal or necessary...and should I delete/remove one or the other ??

Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager [​IMG]

Thanks...TiminAz

trinaz, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Should I have 2 sound drivers on my Win 10 device manager - Similar Threads - Should sound drivers

2. 2 Driver Errors found in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Driver Errors found in Device Manager: Hello,I've been dealing with a Driver Verifier BSOD at least once a month. Today I noticed that two drivers are missing from two devices I'm not familiar with.I'm not sure what the Base System Device is:but it looks like the Unknown device has something to do the the I/O...
  3. Device manager sound driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  4. Device manager sound driver error

Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  5. I don't have the 'devices by driver' feature in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have the 'devices by driver' feature in Device Manager: Right now I have Windows 10 installed. Before that I had Windows 11 and this function was displayed there.Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build 19045.3570 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0 can't upload a screenshot here...
  6. I don't have the 'devices by driver' feature in Device Manager

I don't have the 'devices by driver' feature in Device Manager: Right now I have Windows 10 installed. Before that I had Windows 11 and this function was displayed there.Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build 19045.3570 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0 can't upload a screenshot here...
  7. I don't have the 'devices by driver' feature in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?: Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device...
  9. no sound driver installed in device manager

no sound driver installed in device manager: no sound driver installed in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-driver-installed-in-device-manager/466dcbdb-e505-4255-88dd-1bda3bfdd413
  10. 2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.

2 missing drivers displayed on my device manager.: So, I did a clean install of Windows 10, around 3/2 days ago; and I installed all the drivers with a PRO version of Driver Easy and Avast Driver Updater. Now, the computer I own came with Windows 8 and when I installed those drivers there were no sign of any missing drivers...