Windows 10: Should I install AHCI?

Discus and support Should I install AHCI? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP support assistant keeps asking if I want to install ahci. I did a little reading on this and I really don't know if I should install this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flycaster, Dec 7, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Should I install AHCI?

My HP support assistant keeps asking if I want to install ahci. I did a little reading on this and I really don't know if I should install this. I don't know if when I got the computer (came with windows 10 HP), whether or not it was set up to be compatible with ahci, and thus I don't know if there would be an advantage to installing. I think I can handle Brink's installation tutorial, but if I have to go into BIOS, I'm at a loss.

:)

flycaster, Dec 7, 2016
  2. blwetorch Win User

Should I install this ?

this patch may be an update for 1.3......................so that, the FM -Radio still works after you upgrade to 1.3.

blwetorch, Dec 7, 2016
  3. blwetorch Win User
    Should I install this ?

may be you have installed the fm radio receiver earlier............and that's why the update is coming along with Maemo 5.

blwetorch, Dec 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Should I install AHCI?

It sounds like it is wanting to install an AHCI driver for your specific brand of hard drive controller. What does device manager say for your disk controller now? Does it say something like Standard AHCI controller, or does it list a manufacturer like Intel AHCI controller? I'll have to wait to get on my home computer to show you examples.

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2016
  5. flycaster Win User
    Device Mgr says: "Intel 100 series/C230 chipset family SATA AHCI controller"

flycaster, Dec 8, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    AHCI is already set up on your computer, then. So, it's really a toss up whether to install the driver offered by HP or leave the current one in place. I would probably create a restore point and going ahead an let the HP support assistant install the driver just to get rid of the nagging. And the HP driver might be more specialized than the standard Intel driver.

NavyLCDR, Dec 8, 2016
  7. flycaster Win User
    Thanks, I'm OK with installing the HP driver. So, all I have to do is just download the driver and install? Don't have remove or change anything, just install?

flycaster, Dec 8, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Should I install AHCI?

Yes, since you already have AHCI enabled you should be good to go.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Should I install AHCI?

1. Should I install AHCI? - Similar Threads - Should install AHCI

2. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  3. should i install this driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should i install this driver?: hello i have a question, there is a new update of graphics driver from intel driver support assistant, but they said before installing check manufacturers and then install it, i asked thempc is samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 and samsung said ask microsoft about the update if...
  4. What should i install ?

What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  5. What should i install ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i install ?: I have both cds which should i install as Default?MacOS 13.2 or Windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-install/7c70d120-315a-44d1-a35b-2e8790d66343
  6. IDE to AHCI new install Help

IDE to AHCI new install Help: I have a somewhat dated system with AMD. I finally decided to switch from a mechanical to a SSD870 EVO. I'm not totally "new" to computers, but there is quite a bit I'm not familiar with. I bought a SSD because I do quite a lot of gaming and what not. HDD seem to slow that...
  7. Should I use AHCI or SHR for best performance on SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I use AHCI or SHR for best performance on SSD?: ~~~ submitted by /u/lynet_101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kh0lfp/should_i_use_ahci_or_shr_for_best_performance_on/
  8. Should I install these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install these?: [ATTACH] I don't know if I should install this updates. https://preview.redd.it/4wd9auvncor51.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=1ef668854b9544ce40e57fc7aa54f37fb2c4c9b0 submitted by /u/eldievos [link] [comments]...
  9. What should I install?

What should I install?: I've just clean installed Windows 10 but I don't know what apps and programs I should install. Any suggestions? NOTE: There is absolutely nothing on my PC I would also like some suggestions as to how to get the most out of my PC. 33304
  10. AHCI installation every time on startup?

AHCI installation every time on startup?: While running Win7 (before upgrading) I was using IDE for disks and manually switched to AHCI and installed it in Windows, but now there is an extra loading screen on every bootup that takes 15-20 secs with "AHCI is installed" at the end, is this extra loading process normal...