Windows 10: Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard?

Discus and support Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I built a new PC using an Asrock H370M-Plus. The new machine is working well, however, I am not completely satisfied with the graphics. I have recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bcloonan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. bcloonan Win User

Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard?

I built a new PC using an Asrock H370M-Plus. The new machine is working well, however, I am not completely satisfied with the graphics. I have recently purchased a new Dell monitor and the mobo recognized it immediately so there are no issues there. But when I am working in an application such as Win word, i am able to see the screen but it appears all washed out. Wondering if i have missed something in settings. Any assistance out there is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

bcloonan, Oct 11, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to install/use new graphics card when currently running igp

Ok, I know I can't buy the GTX1070 yet, but once I have it, how do I install/use it?
    Currently I'm using Intel HD530 graphics on my i5 6500 CPU.

What I think the procedure should be:
    • Leave the DVI cable connected to the motherboard, startup PC with IGP.
    • Go in the BIOS and look for an option to disable IGP and enable PCIe graphics.
    • Save BIOS (do I still have display once I saved this setting?) and shut down.
    • Inserting new graphics card.
    • Connect DVI cable to graphics card.
    • Startup PC.
    • Install new graphics driver.
    Would this be the correct way?
    Also do I need to uninstall the Intel graphics before installing the Nvidia display driver
    (or even before doing the mentioned steps above)?

Thanks!

P4-630, Oct 11, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Continuous Reboot, New Graphics Card

Hi Vanessa,

There are possible reasons why your computer is rebooting continously:

• Your power supply not giving enough power to the graphics card.
    • Video / Graphics card may not be seated properly.
    • Power cables not properly inserted into the motherboard and into the video card.

If all of the said things are done and rectified and concern still persists, we suggest to run a clean install for Windows 10. A clean install is an opportunity to start fresh from scratch without any bloatware and trial software that might have come pre-installed
    with your system. You will also regain control over your apps, as you can now install only the applications you need, and you'll also start with a brand new and clean Windows Registry. Kindly click on the article below and follow the steps provided by Andre
    Da Costa:

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Should I install an additional graphics card on new Motherboard? - Similar Threads - Should install additional

2. New Motherboard, New Graphics Card, New PSU, no display, no Keyboard and Mouse!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Motherboard, New Graphics Card, New PSU, no display, no Keyboard and Mouse!: My PC has a brand new Motherboard, brand new Graphics Card, and a brand new PSU, and I have no display, and my keyboard, and mouse don't work, but the PC seems like it's booting! What's the goddamn problem?! It was working for a few minutes yesterday, then it went out!...
  3. New Motherboard, New Graphics Card, New PSU, no display, no Keyboard and Mouse!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Motherboard, New Graphics Card, New PSU, no display, no Keyboard and Mouse!: My PC has a brand new Motherboard, brand new Graphics Card, and a brand new PSU, and I have no display, and my keyboard, and mouse don't work, but the PC seems like it's booting! What's the goddamn problem?! It was working for a few minutes yesterday, then it went out!...
  4. Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-: Good evening. I'm having a problem since one week ago and IDK if it's related to the motherboard or the video card or what. SPECS: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1081Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz / Ivy Bridge 22nm TechnologyCorsair Hydro Series H100i v2Corsair Vengeance Pro 16,0GB...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Motherboard or Graphics card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 Motherboard or Graphics card?: Hi, Recently i've been experiencing a lot of system crashes on my computer. at first I thought of my graphics card being done but I'm not sure. I've been getting a lot of Watchdog violations and screens randomly turning off. its always FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  6. New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors

New graphics card - lost 2 additional monitors: Had to replace old power supply and graphics card...both went smooth or so I thought... Have 3 monitor set up which has worked fine for years...after installing new graphics card...zI can run monitor one by itself without issue...but when I connect monitor 2 or 3 I 'loose'...
  7. Acer Motherboard Graphic Card Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Motherboard Graphic Card Compatibility: Hi I want to add a graphics card to my Acer M1930 Motheboard. I want to know what GTX series from Nvidia will fit, ignoring the size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-motherboard-graphic-card-compatibility/45479b88-50c3-4977-85e2-fed63cd48404
  8. Should I Install these Additional Network Softwares?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I Install these Additional Network Softwares?: I built my 1st PC and installed Win 10. I'm now in the middle of installing the Intel network drivers. It asks me if I want to install the network driver, Intel ProSet and Advanced Network Services. Obviously I should install the network driver. But considering that I...
  9. Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility

Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility: I have an older graphics card, GeForce 9500gt, and I would like to find out if it will be compatible to a newer motherboard, Asus A88XM-A. I have been searching for a list that would let me just compare the two, but can't find too much information for devices that are older....
  10. Got myself a new graphic card. Should i tweek settings?

Got myself a new graphic card. Should i tweek settings?: As the title says, i got myself a "4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960" <- Thats what "speccy" says. I plugged it in, and it works (Imagine that). Im running 4 monitors. My Q: Should i do some settings or install something to optimize, or am I good as is? Thanks 62348