Windows 10: Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

Discus and support Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here are my computers specs: Windows 7 Ultimate i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, Graphics card: “Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/reddituser080207, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

Here are my computers specs: Windows 7 Ultimate i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, Graphics card: “Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I have more than enough disk space. This guy was able to do it and his computer’s specs are worse than mine.

submitted by /u/reddituser080207
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/reddituser080207, Jun 6, 2020
  2. spunk Win User

32bit vs 64bit with 2GB of ram

Also, 64bit Windows runs very slow on 2GB of RAM, we suggest 4GB or better to install 64bit Windows.

spunk, Jun 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 6, 2020
  4. scottf93 Win User

Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10. Says I need at least 2gb of RAM...

Another update on this... I left the machine online for the entire weekend and it never activated. Based on this, I must assume that the "Windows Management Instrumentation" service is being used to both check for minimum requirements AND to generate the
    new hardware key that would register my computer as being an activated computer. I completely re-installed the computer (clean install to Windows 8.1) and tried the update again. Unfortunately, it still reports that I have less than 2GB of RAM. If Microsoft
    is monitoring this list and has a suggestion (even if the suggestion is "we are working on it. Wait a few weeks"), I would greatly appreciate it. Clearly the machines runs Windows 10 just fine (quite well actually) so this is just a glitch in the prerequisite
    scan and key generation. Here's hoping for a timely resolution but for now, this particular issue remains unresolved. :-(

scottf93, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

1. Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM? - Similar Threads - Should install computer

2. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM: Can I download Windows 10 and 2gb RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-and-a-2gb-ram/d8b82aa0-effa-4257-a5a9-156360d14552
  3. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM: Can I download Windows 10 and 2gb RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-and-a-2gb-ram/d8b82aa0-effa-4257-a5a9-156360d14552
  4. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop: My friend has this old laptop he never uses so I decided to take it to try and mine Bitcoin or something. But to connect to the school with I need to update to windows 8 or a over. I can’t find a free access key for windows 8 and I was offered a windows 10 iso disk for 10...
  6. Can I install Win 10 on a 2gb ram pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Win 10 on a 2gb ram pc: Hello, I am getting a new desktop and it has windows 7 on it now. However it only has 2gb of DDR3 ram. I am wondering if putting Windows 10 on it is possible or even suggested? And if it is possible, which version should I try?? 160425
  7. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  8. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...
  9. RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM: So I am running Win10 Home 64-bit. Recently noticed that of the 16gb ram installed (4x4) only 14gb shows up in windows. So I bought 2x8gb sticks to upgrade - now have 24gb (2x4 and 2x8) but again only 22gb is showing up in windows. I have cheeked the BIOS says that I...
  10. is 2GB RAM enough?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is 2GB RAM enough?: I was going to install Windows 10 on an old Pentium Dual Core PC with 2GB RAM, currently running Windows 7. Is it best to upgrade the RAM to 4GB first? 6444