Should I install Windows 10 or not?

Discus and support Should I install Windows 10 or not? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thetechguy, May 21, 2015.

1. thetechguy Win User

I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too scared as well! *DohI also use ubuntu 14.04 LTS

:)

thetechguy, May 21, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2015
  3. Sanra789 Win User
    Can I install Windows 10 directly or should I install windows 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 because my key was provided dor Windows 8.1 ?

Thank You sumit !!!

Sanra789, May 21, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

labeeman, May 21, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Create an image backup of your current hard drive, all of it, to an external USB attached hard drive.

Once you have that you can play with Windows 10 since it will be easy to recover if things go bad or you don't like it.

Ztruker, May 21, 2015
  6. GEWB Win User
    No, do NOT install it IF the laptop is you primary/only system.

REMEMBER THIS: Windows 10 is in BETA and EVERY build breaks something for someone.

Wait until Win 10 SP1 is released.

Regards,

7. pcunite Win User
    I want you to install 10 so you can tell me how it went!

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Read a few more threads and you should find out how it went for a whole bunch of us. *Smile

Wynona, May 21, 2015
  9. pcunite Win User
    Yes, I'm browsing right now. Thanks for this site.

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  10. Vladimir Win User
    Windows 10 works "fairly" for most of us, but if you're not experienced in such things you may have a big headache.

*Smile

Vladimir, May 21, 2015
  11. thetechguy Win User
    I will erase my USB stick and use LiLi to burn the iso. And when it expires, I'll install Ubuntu again, then I will need to be away from my laptop so i can not be startled. *Eek!

thetechguy, May 22, 2015
  12. fracking4oil Win User
    What about a duel boot?

fracking4oil, May 22, 2015
  13. Slartybart Win User

Yep, a dual boot or a Virtual machine is advised

I tried to find a tutortial (I know a few exist), but wasn't successful.

Try searching the tutorial section here on TenFoprums and over on EightForums.com (these should work just as well on Win10)

The tuts are Windows centric, but there is plenty of good information that can be used.
    VMplayer (the free version) works in Linux - I think you have to look in the lower right hand corner of the web site to find the free player version.

whs is one member who knows the ins and outs - if you get stuck, search his tutorials.

Slartybart, May 22, 2015
  14. Rocky Win User
    I'm running a dual boot with Linux Mint and Windows 10. It seems to work fine when it wants to.

Rocky, May 22, 2015
  15. Slartybart Win User
    Sounds as though you are the best person to help thetechguy. You've already done this.

Slartybart, May 22, 2015
Thema:

Should I install Windows 10 or not? - Similar Threads - Should install

1. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...
  2. Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?: Hello, Do I have to install again KB4056892 in my Windows 10 April 2018 Update latest build, after a clean install? KB4056892 is the original Sceptre/Meltdown patch for WINDOWS 10 Thanks Came 110403
  3. [new computer] Should I install Steam on smaller SSD or bigger HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    [new computer] Should I install Steam on smaller SSD or bigger HDD?: Hi all, I'll be getting a new gaming Desktop PC in a few days time, and I've never had a computer with both a SSD and a HDD (the one I have now is nearly 11 years old! And it's all installed on a single HDD [though a lot of my files are on an External HDD to save room])....
  4. Should I install Windows 10 Creators Updates on my aging Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I install Windows 10 Creators Updates on my aging Desktop PC?: I know it's a bit of an odd question to ask - and it's not exactly an objective question either (and that it's not really a "problem" per se), but I've been intentionally avoiding it for a long while now after hearing all the complaints about their computers slowing down to a...
  5. What things one should do after Windows 10 Clean install?

in Windows 10 Support
    What things one should do after Windows 10 Clean install?: Hello folks, My laptop was acting weird for few days so I had to do a clean install. I am trying to find the ways to set up the PC in terms of privacy and other minor things to keep Windows's performance as good as I can. (I have SSHD and planning to get SSD in future but...
  6. Should I try repair install again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I try repair install again?: A little while back I carried out a repair install with the help of advice in this forum (in another thread). It cured a number of long-standing problems and restored some features I had been without for months. But it left or maybe even created a few, especially regarding...
  7. Which OS should I install first dual boot Win10/Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    Which OS should I install first dual boot Win10/Win7: I'm planning to install Windows 7 and Windows 10 dual-boot on my laptop. I have deleted all partition and now my HDD is all unallocated. Now I wonder which OS should I install first. As you know, System reserved of Windows 10 is about 300MB and Windows 7 is just 100 MB, so I...
Should I install Windows 10 or not? solved