Windows 10: Should I install Windows 10 or not?

Discus and support Should I install Windows 10 or not? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thetechguy, May 20, 2015.

1. Should I install Windows 10 or not?

I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too scared as well! *DohI also use ubuntu 14.04 LTS

:)

thetechguy, May 20, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2015
  3. Sanra789 Win User
    Can I install Windows 10 directly or should I install windows 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 because my key was provided dor Windows 8.1 ?

Thank You sumit !!!

Sanra789, May 20, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Should I install Windows 10 or not?

labeeman, May 20, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Create an image backup of your current hard drive, all of it, to an external USB attached hard drive.

Once you have that you can play with Windows 10 since it will be easy to recover if things go bad or you don't like it.

Ztruker, May 21, 2015
  6. GEWB Win User
    No, do NOT install it IF the laptop is you primary/only system.

REMEMBER THIS: Windows 10 is in BETA and EVERY build breaks something for someone.

Wait until Win 10 SP1 is released.

Regards,

7. pcunite Win User
    I want you to install 10 so you can tell me how it went!

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Read a few more threads and you should find out how it went for a whole bunch of us. *Smile

Wynona, May 21, 2015
  9. pcunite Win User
    Yes, I'm browsing right now. Thanks for this site.

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  10. Vladimir Win User
    Windows 10 works "fairly" for most of us, but if you're not experienced in such things you may have a big headache.

*Smile

Vladimir, May 21, 2015
  11. I will erase my USB stick and use LiLi to burn the iso. And when it expires, I'll install Ubuntu again, then I will need to be away from my laptop so i can not be startled. *Eek!

thetechguy, May 21, 2015
  12. What about a duel boot?

fracking4oil, May 21, 2015
  13. Should I install Windows 10 or not?

Yep, a dual boot or a Virtual machine is advised

I tried to find a tutortial (I know a few exist), but wasn't successful.

Try searching the tutorial section here on TenFoprums and over on EightForums.com (these should work just as well on Win10)

The tuts are Windows centric, but there is plenty of good information that can be used.
    VMplayer (the free version) works in Linux - I think you have to look in the lower right hand corner of the web site to find the free player version.

whs is one member who knows the ins and outs - if you get stuck, search his tutorials.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
  14. Rocky Win User
    I'm running a dual boot with Linux Mint and Windows 10. It seems to work fine when it wants to.

Rocky, May 21, 2015
  15. Sounds as though you are the best person to help thetechguy. You've already done this.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Should I install Windows 10 or not? - Similar Threads - Should install

2. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  3. I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried installing tableau public saying windows compatibility that I should check...: Settings issues .not opening my tableau public on my windows 11.it downloaded and error saying change settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-installing-tableau-public-saying-windows/64277211-fc7a-498f-ba5b-2bdf5a0b0d8a
  4. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  5. "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...

"something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". What should...: I use Windows 11 pro as my OS, while updating and installing new features, it regularly gives this notification "something happened and some optional features of windows couldn't installed". It has slowed my computer's speed, specially when I start the LAPTOP it takes alot of...
  6. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?: Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-malware-software-in-addition-to/0bf1d422-ad00-4f30-9e9c-1820d0361478
  7. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?: Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-malware-software-in-addition-to/0bf1d422-ad00-4f30-9e9c-1820d0361478
  8. Should I install malware software in addition to Microsoft windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know: Hi,I'm developing an air quality sensor array on Arduino. When I tried to connect my Windows 11 Insider Preview build to the Arduino's USB port it seemed like nothing happened. The arduino.cc site didn't address Windows 11 at all.So I spent some time poking around and saw...
  10. Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know

Arduino driver install is easy but occurs silently - people should know: Hi,I'm developing an air quality sensor array on Arduino. When I tried to connect my Windows 11 Insider Preview build to the Arduino's USB port it seemed like nothing happened. The arduino.cc site didn't address Windows 11 at all.So I spent some time poking around and saw...