Windows 10: Should I install Windows 10 or not?

Discus and support Should I install Windows 10 or not? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thetechguy, May 20, 2015.

1. Should I install Windows 10 or not?

I literally copied a Windows ISO to my usb stick and I'm not sure if I'll break my laptop. Please help me decide. I want to install but but I'm too scared as well! *DohI also use ubuntu 14.04 LTS

:)

thetechguy, May 20, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2015
  3. Sanra789 Win User
    Can I install Windows 10 directly or should I install windows 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 because my key was provided dor Windows 8.1 ?

Thank You sumit !!!

Sanra789, May 20, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

Should I install Windows 10 or not?

labeeman, May 20, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Create an image backup of your current hard drive, all of it, to an external USB attached hard drive.

Once you have that you can play with Windows 10 since it will be easy to recover if things go bad or you don't like it.

Ztruker, May 21, 2015
  6. GEWB Win User
    No, do NOT install it IF the laptop is you primary/only system.

REMEMBER THIS: Windows 10 is in BETA and EVERY build breaks something for someone.

Wait until Win 10 SP1 is released.

Regards,

7. pcunite Win User
    I want you to install 10 so you can tell me how it went!

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

Read a few more threads and you should find out how it went for a whole bunch of us. *Smile

Wynona, May 21, 2015
  9. pcunite Win User
    Yes, I'm browsing right now. Thanks for this site.

pcunite, May 21, 2015
  10. Vladimir Win User
    Windows 10 works "fairly" for most of us, but if you're not experienced in such things you may have a big headache.

*Smile

Vladimir, May 21, 2015
  11. I will erase my USB stick and use LiLi to burn the iso. And when it expires, I'll install Ubuntu again, then I will need to be away from my laptop so i can not be startled. *Eek!

thetechguy, May 21, 2015
  12. What about a duel boot?

fracking4oil, May 21, 2015
  13. Should I install Windows 10 or not?

Yep, a dual boot or a Virtual machine is advised

I tried to find a tutortial (I know a few exist), but wasn't successful.

Try searching the tutorial section here on TenFoprums and over on EightForums.com (these should work just as well on Win10)

The tuts are Windows centric, but there is plenty of good information that can be used.
    VMplayer (the free version) works in Linux - I think you have to look in the lower right hand corner of the web site to find the free player version.

whs is one member who knows the ins and outs - if you get stuck, search his tutorials.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
  14. Rocky Win User
    I'm running a dual boot with Linux Mint and Windows 10. It seems to work fine when it wants to.

Rocky, May 21, 2015
  15. Sounds as though you are the best person to help thetechguy. You've already done this.

Slartybart, May 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Should I install Windows 10 or not? - Similar Threads - Should install

2. Adfly installed a random iso file, should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adfly installed a random iso file, should I be worried?: Had to go through adfly to download something and it installed an iso file. I deleted it asap, not sure what it was. Is there anything to worry about? submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments]...
  3. 2004, should it be installed by now?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004, should it be installed by now?: Hi I am running windows 10 pro, the build is 18363.997, version 1909 installed 12/06/2019 The 2004 update was showing on my computer for a few weeks saying my pc was not ready. then it became available but it did not install correctly. I have the following error messages...
  4. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?: I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10 should I use? submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?: I installed Windows 10 without disconnecting other storage devices. I didn't know that this is an issue until I realized that the EFI folder is not where I expect it to be. I now have an empty 349MB large partition and the EFI folder is on D. What are the implications of...
  6. Anything I should know before hand on M.2 NVME Install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anything I should know before hand on M.2 NVME Install?: Plan on trying to buy M.2 nvme drive for my newer desktop i hope next month or month after. while i'm thinking about it, is there anything i should know on prior to installing? M.2 slot is above video card, and right under CPU cooler, should i get one with a heatsink? or is...
  7. WIndows 10 Home May 2020 update with KB4497165 push to install on AMD CPU system. Should I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Home May 2020 update with KB4497165 push to install on AMD CPU system. Should I...: Hi all, I had delayed Windows 10 home update to 30 days later standard just to avoid possible Microsoft update issues that were surfacing recently. And today I got notification for installing pending KB4497165. I did a reaearch and this update was for the Intel CPU...
  8. how to identify which driver should be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to identify which driver should be installed: Previously I have taken backup of my all drivers by Code: dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers-backup They were working fine in Windows 10 Home Edition. and restored them as shown here. I now thought I should upgrade things to latest drivers.So I downloaded...
  9. Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?

Should format my Win10 Home to install Win10 Pro in SSD?: Currently I installed my win10 in HDD and bought SSD and wanna install it on SSD. Can I keep my files on HDD and delete win10 onHDD or should I reformat my HDD? submitted by /u/farukbigez [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...: Hi there! Hope you're all okay and safe during this crazy pandemic and these unfortunately hate-filled times in the US... I have a small question regarding the May 2020 update. When I check for updates with Windows Update, I don't see the update but I see the banner saying...