Windows 10: Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue?

Discus and support Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before I get into details I have a question relating to this. When downloading windows updates manually, the "update files" are downloaded from, (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amol S., Sep 25, 2019.

1. Amol S. Win User

Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue?

Before I get into details I have a question relating to this. When downloading windows updates manually, the "update files" are downloaded from, (not the WU update catalog that lists the updates), windowsupdate.com? Or are the files supposed to come downloading directly from microsoft.com?

The reason why I am asking this is because when downloading KB4522016 which is not provided automatically by Windows Update as a I read from, news websites and that it had to be downloaded manually and reading https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4522016 . I went to the link and clicked on the correct update and type of CPU architecture. A box appeared that showed a link. The link address when hovering over it stated that it links to windowsupdate.com .

Now for the issue more relating to the title of this question. I copied the URL of that link, open a new tab and pasted in the address bar. It showed in the address bar that the link was a http link and not a https link. I added the 's' and pressed enter and the following error showed up. I also sae the certificate indeed saying nothing about windowsupdate.com

Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue? [​IMG]

Are update files downloaded from windowsupdate.com? If that is the case and there is nothing to worry about, is the security certificate issue a bad sign or is it just nothing to worry about and the CN is the actual hoster of the windowsupdate.com website? If that is not a bad sign, is there a medium where this windows update can be downloaded via a https connection?

:)

Amol S., Sep 25, 2019

2. warning message when startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the warning message and slow performance. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.

It finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode with Networking and check if this issue persist.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 3: I suggest you to install he pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue?

Windows Media Center - still getting warning messages

Hello,

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

• In search tab type "Turn Windows features on or off" and click on the link when it prompted.
    • Now look for "Media feature" and expand it by clicking on it.
    • Under media feature you can find "Windows Media Center", un-check the box by clicking it.
    • Next, you will get a little warning box. Just click "yes" because it's asking if your perfectly okay with disabling it.
    • The last step is to reboot. A message saying you must restart the computer will pop up. Just shut it down or restart and log back in.
    I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue?

1. Should I just ignore this warning message or is there an issue? - Similar Threads - Should ignore warning

2. Event View warning can I ignore this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event View warning can I ignore this?: I was checking my Event view and evey time I start up my divice i see a warning about the SID not maching for few application and cannot be restarted.event ID 10010Should I ignore this?...
  3. Event View warning can I ignore this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event View warning can I ignore this?: I was checking my Event view and evey time I start up my divice i see a warning about the SID not maching for few application and cannot be restarted.event ID 10010Should I ignore this?...
  4. Ignoring network not secure messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ignoring network not secure messages: I keep getting messages that my network is not secure because it uses an older security standard that is being phased out. What will happen if I do nothing? I am 80 years old and I do not understand what is happening regarding this notice. My internet provider says to ignore...
  5. Ignoring network not secure messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ignoring network not secure messages: I keep getting messages that my network is not secure because it uses an older security standard that is being phased out. What will happen if I do nothing? I am 80 years old and I do not understand what is happening regarding this notice. My internet provider says to ignore...
  6. Should I ignore this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I ignore this update: A checkout of Updates in Settings lists 20 plus failed attempts. Should I just ignore it? Or? The code is 0x80070002. I have read the associated info, it does not mean much to me. But there is this "Note This update is currently not needed on devices that are administered...
  7. Warning Message or

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Warning Message or: Your Windows license will expire soon. you need to activate windows in settings. Tabs enabled as Go to Settings / Close. Thanks & Regards RNM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warning-message-or/bb3b94d1-d31d-411a-b416-ad9ac8cb42c1
  8. Warning message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Warning message: You must restart your computer to turn off user account control I have restarted my computer and nothing has changed Always show this message I do not know what to do Please i need help to solve this problem...
  9. WARNING! Should I be scared??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WARNING! Should I be scared??: I purchase a 2 TB HDD to archive an important file. The clone of my important file went fine but I get the warning boxes shown in the attached screenshots. I did a chkdsk/F as admin and there are zero problems reported. Do I need to return or buy another HDD or is the...
  10. Warning msg - Auto ignore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning msg - Auto ignore: Hi, Is it possible to execute the app PES 2018 and not get this message? Somehow to make it auto ignore itself :) The msg is the same. I just found this screenshot online. Couldn't bother capturing it myself :) The game works just fine. It's just super annoying the fact...