Windows 10: Should i just stop my laptop from updating?

Discus and support Should i just stop my laptop from updating? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i began restarting my laptop after it showed me the yellow restart symbol on my taskbar, i think this was to update windows (it's windows 10 of course,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/only-here-for-advice, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Should i just stop my laptop from updating?

i began restarting my laptop after it showed me the yellow restart symbol on my taskbar, i think this was to update windows (it's windows 10 of course, why else would i be posting on thsi sub?). it's been almost two hours and the update is only 25% done??? i don't understand why it's taking so long and i'm frankly worried that it's taking this long. is it my pentium processor? is it because my tablet is connected to the laptop despite it not being turned on? it's not overheating. i'm contemplating turning off my laptop and canceling the update process, would that be a good idea?

submitted by /u/only-here-for-advice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/only-here-for-advice, Aug 12, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 12, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Should i just stop my laptop from updating?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Should i just stop my laptop from updating? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Should i just stop my laptop from updating?

1. Should i just stop my laptop from updating? - Similar Threads - Should stop laptop

2. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  3. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  4. hello, I always wanted to know if i should repair my laptop at home or should I just take...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?: This started about a year ago. My spacebar would randomly stop working for days at a time and I would use on screen keyboard. It would sometimes randomly turn on but go off after a while though. Past 6 months it hasn't worked. I had my friend take it to someone and all she...
  6. Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spacebar on my laptop stopped working-what should I do?: This started about a year ago. My spacebar would randomly stop working for days at a time and I would use on screen keyboard. It would sometimes randomly turn on but go off after a while though. Past 6 months it hasn't worked. I had my friend take it to someone and all she...
  7. should I just RMA my gpu?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    should I just RMA my gpu?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎19/‎09/‎2021 4:31 pmStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8487b3994010Parameter 2:...
  8. My laptop just stopped turning on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop just stopped turning on: Hi.My laptop just stopped turning on.I hard reset it but nothing shows up on the screen.Please help* Original title: Help me!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-just-stopped-turning-on/b34c528d-6274-4e9d-b36e-86a00fbe1296
  9. I stop my laptop from updating using that video

I stop my laptop from updating using that video: I stop my laptop from updating using that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvQVZSUbes&t=182s I stop my windows 10 to update to version 20H2 and I was wondering other than getting a new service what is the downside of stoping your windows update using that method becz...
  10. How can i stop my laptop from updating?

How can i stop my laptop from updating?: I already deactivated windows update through services.msc but somehow my laptop wants to update when shutting down. The last time i updated, my laptop got literally destroyed. Nothing worked and sound was completely gone and i had to return to a recovery point. It really...