Windows 10: Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

Discus and support Should I modify my Virtual Memory? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Florin, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Florin Win User

Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.572.

:)

Florin, Oct 15, 2020

2. increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 15, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
  4. Arun B J Win User

Re locate Virtual Memory

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps: for
    Re-locate the location of Virtual Memory.

• Press Windows +X, select System
    • Click on Advanced system settings,
    • On the Advanced tab, under
      Performance, click Settings.
    • Click the Advanced tab, and then, under
      Virtual memory, click Change.
    • Clear the automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
    • Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the
      Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click
      Set, and then click OK.

Additional information applies to 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Should I modify my Virtual Memory? - Similar Threads - Should modify Virtual

2. Should I modify my Virtual Memory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I modify my Virtual Memory?: Like the title says, should I do some changes to my virtual memory? The numbers seem rather low and I was wondering what should be the correct values. I have 8GB of RAM and I don't know what numbers to add to improve my performance in games. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit,...
  3. i wanna add virtual memory .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i wanna add virtual memory .: can i add more than recommended virtual ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-add-virtual-memory/a203a4d6-7ea9-400f-8ee9-ee6eda7c233d
  4. How do i clear my virtual memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i clear my virtual memory: Hello, I am trying to clear some storage on my laptop so that I could update it. And I was just wondering if its possible to clear the virtual memory... Windows says I only need 2.28 more gigs of storage. [ATTACH] does anyone know how to clear the virtual memory on my...
  5. Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory: What is the recommended Virtual Memory for my laptop? https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wiARdOisNu01fep5C?e=Tg8mgY https://prnt.sc/qj9xpb Please tell..... Thanks & Regards, Regal76...
  6. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  7. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  8. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I am a wise idiot to these things and I rarely keep up with the current trends but I've started using a laptop again. I notice the machine is: running inconsistently slow - the 'hard drive access LED' is flashing ALOT - and is doing things when I'm not using the input...
  9. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: I increased my virtual memory by extra 10 GB but later I reduced it to default value. Therefore, now it should show 10 GB of extra free space in my hard drive but its not showing. How to get back that 10 GB space?...
  10. Virtual Memory

Virtual Memory: What is the advantage and disadvantage of using virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-memory/2e730df6-0913-4ad6-b629-d84de6c8b414