Windows 10: Should I move applications folder back to C drive?

Discus and support Should I move applications folder back to C drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When my machine was new several months ago I moved my applications folder to a different hard drive but have only been able to install Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G.A.Crunch, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Should I move applications folder back to C drive?

Hello,

When my machine was new several months ago I moved my applications folder to a different hard drive but have only been able to install Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Acrobat in the applications folder on the drive other than C. Microsoft Word, Excel etc., according to their webpage cannot be installed on a drive other than C, I have purchased some more applications and a few of them at least need to be installed on the C drive, I have not installed them yet.

The machine is only a few months old and doesn't have much installed on the C drive other than Firefox and ASUS for mobo and MSI for video card along with some of the Office applications.

I'm new to Windows and I feel uncomfortable having some in the applications folder on a different drive but some and maybe soon to be many installed on C drive where they are buried in the 86 folder I think.

Should I just wipe the C drive clean and reinstall Windows 10 Pro and install all my applications in C drive?

Leave it as is and continue on?

Try to move the applications folder back to C drive, uninstall the existing applications that are in the 86 folder and reinstall in applications folder?

Or something else?

Best regards,

G.A.

:)

G.A.Crunch, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Should I move applications folder back to C drive?

C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Should I move applications folder back to C drive? 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Should I move applications folder back to C drive?

1. Should I move applications folder back to C drive? - Similar Threads - Should move applications

2. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  3. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  4. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\

Moved Files To D:\ Drive and tried to Move them Back To C:\: I moved what drive my desktop was set to from my C:\ drive to my D:\ drive. This made me unable to access files so I tried to "restore to default" and that didn't seem to work. When I restarted my PC all of my files that was stored in the D:\ drive were gone and the drive is...
  6. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  7. I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back

I moved the downloads folder to one drive, but now I can't move it back: I wanted One Drive to backup my downloads folders so I googled how to do it and found this link. https://superuser.com/questions/1586240/back-up-the-download-folder-on-win10-in-onedriveI just wanted to test it out, but now I cannot move the downloads folder back to the...
  8. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  9. Should I move SWAP storage before "C" Drive ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I move SWAP storage before "C" Drive ?: Before C, is the fastest disk. Is it alight if i do so? I think, it will improve performance. Will it adversely affect the performance? I thought, why not ask experts before doing so. Like this: (see this shot to better get a picture what i am writing about) [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I move system folders back onto the C Drive

How do I move system folders back onto the C Drive: To whom it may concern, I've currently got 2 windows system folders on my D drive and would like them back on my C drive. I assume they were automatically put onto my D drive due to the C being full up. I have since then deleted a bunch of files and would like them back...