Windows 10: Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

Discus and support Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,My 2016 PC got a C 100Go SSD and a D1To HDD.HDD crashed, I put a 1To SDD instead SAMSUNG870QVO.Even if was installing softwares in D, my C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SiLaJo, May 26, 2024.

1. SiLaJo Win User

Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

Hey,My 2016 PC got a C 100Go SSD and a D1To HDD.HDD crashed, I put a 1To SDD instead SAMSUNG870QVO.Even if was installing softwares in D, my C drive where Windows was got full, because it seems like somes files needed to be in the system drive. My PC got slow, I had to reboot it.Should I move my Windows to the bigger of the two drive, knowing C may get saturated when my softwares will be back ?Should I buy a bigger C instead ?

:)

SiLaJo, May 26, 2024

2. How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive

We have a 512GB PCIe SSD as C drive running Windows 11 and a new empty 1TB SSD as D drive. We want to have the operating system be on the larger drive and become the system and boot drive - but we want the 1TB drive to become C drive after cloning. Then we will erase everything on the old 512 GB drive and make it drive D.

Any idea how to do this.

GraemePrentice, May 26, 2024
  3. Z25
    Z25 Win User
    Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD

I had some issues with updating Windows: Redirecting

I followed the steps but I noticed that Windows 11 was working really slowly. I looked on Task Manger and it looks like my drives have swapped? Originally my C drive was the SSD and D drive was HDD but now they have swapped so C Drive is HDD and D is SSD.

How can you swap your drives?

4. Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

A SSD drive, divided into 2 drives C=150GB to install OS,D=350GB already has data inside,I have USB contain small OS can bootable,tell me steps to repartition C drive according UFI by DiskPart on CMD

I have a 500GB SSD drive, I divided it into 2 drives C = 150 GB to install windows according to UFI/GPT standards, and drive D = 350GB already contains data inside, now I want to repartition C drive using DISKPART On CMD to install new windows, I already have a USB containing small Windows that can boot to use the small windows CMD to delete C drive and repartition, Please show me the steps to repartition C drive according to UFI/GPTstandard by DiskPart on CMD,

Luong Kieu, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

1. Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ? - Similar Threads - Should move small

2. Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger and faster D SSD drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger and faster D SSD drive ?: Hey,My 2016 PC got a C 100Go SSD SanDiskSD8SBAT-128G-1122anda D1To HDD.HDD crashed, I put a 1To SDD instead SAMSUNG870QVO.Even if was installing softwares in D, my C drive where Windows was got full, because it seems like somes files needed to be in the system drive. My PC...
  3. Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?: Hey,My 2016 PC got a C 100Go SSD and a D1To HDD.HDD crashed, I put a 1To SDD instead SAMSUNG870QVO.Even if was installing softwares in D, my C drive where Windows was got full, because it seems like somes files needed to be in the system drive. My PC got slow, I had to reboot...
  4. Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I move my Windows from small C SDD Drive to bigger D SSD drive ?: Hey,My 2016 PC got a C 100Go SSD and a D1To HDD.HDD crashed, I put a 1To SDD instead SAMSUNG870QVO.Even if was installing softwares in D, my C drive where Windows was got full, because it seems like somes files needed to be in the system drive. My PC got slow, I had to reboot...
  5. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  6. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  7. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

8. How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive: We have a 512GB PCIe SSD as C drive running Windows 11 and a new empty 1TB SSD as D drive. We want to have the operating system be on the larger drive and become the system and boot drive - but we want the 1TB drive to become C drive after cloning. Then we will erase...
  9. How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive: We have a 512GB PCIe SSD as C drive running Windows 11 and a new empty 1TB SSD as D drive. We want to have the operating system be on the larger drive and become the system and boot drive - but we want the 1TB drive to become C drive after cloning. Then we will erase...
  10. How to clone SSD C drive to larger SSD D drive, then run Windows from the bigger drive