Windows 10: Should I or Shouldn't I

Discus and support Should I or Shouldn't I in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; No OS is ever finished and given the OP you posted it did come across that you are/were here to stir things up. I just asked IF i should or shouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MustangDriver, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Should I or Shouldn't I

I just asked IF i should or shouldn't upgrade as being as Microcrap doesn't want to answer questions i decided to look elsewhere for an alternative and that came as Knoppix a free alternative that i don't have to constantly give up bandwidth to keep the system up to date

MustangDriver, Nov 27, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Then why did you start this thread?? It seemed to me, at least, that you had made your mind up in the first post. So, what reply did you want? I'm not trying to be a smart a**,, I'm just wondering what support you wanted.

BunnyJ, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Totally agree with you on your remark

hTconeM9user, Nov 27, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Should I or Shouldn't I

Once and for all. Don't believe the rumors. Rumors try to scare people having illegal software installed to uninstall it or avoid Windows 10. There is no such thing as programs automatically being uninstalled just because they are illegal or that Microsoft is given a report of what you have installed in your computer. They don't care as long as it is not their (such as Office). They have other means to block their software running illegally, they don't need to spy on us. Of course Windows Defender will detect and block any cracking utility such as a key generator (as any other antivirus would do) and will also block hacked executables because usually contain a trojan (it could be false alarm though). The workaround is to place them in the exception list, like you would do with Avast, AVG and any other antivirus. Of course common sense dictates to disable antivirus when using these programs or they will be quarantined at the first 2 seconds. So it is not a Microsoft only issue. All antiviruses block illegal programs as they quarantine any suspicious executable and the programs cannot run. Or if they do run they become inactivated and require activation again (cracks are cancelled). The same issue could be in Windows 8 and earlier Windows versions. Just there Windows Defender is not too aggressive as it is in Windows 10. So it is not impossible to run illegal programs on Windows 10, it is just more difficult to do so.

Before you say anything, I do not encourage the usage of illegal software nor I endorse it. I just say it can be done, I don't want to lie. Also I cannot judge anyone doing it, "let the non-sinner cast the first stone" as Jesus said and I believe none of us reading this forum can claim he/she is a "non-sinner".

As for Knoppix, you may do your job as you say, but Linux is not that easy as Windows, neither is compatible with everyone's devices. It is not recommended for the novices and average users in general. It is reserved for enthusiast, computer literate people with the patience and time to try something different. Anyone just looking to do his job quickly and easily, stick with familiar Windows. Don't mess with Linux. My advice.

spapakons, Nov 27, 2015
  5. pparks1 Win User
    Don't use hacked software. If you think the free altwrnatives are not worth it, pay for what is better.

pparks1, Nov 28, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Odd that the OEM preinstalled SW gets systematically uninstalled though. Demo or fully licensed I don't know but surely most W8.1 compatible SW should run under W10 ?

As for privacy, you can tweak it so you wont be sending MS info even if it takes some doing.

Privacy in the US has a different meaning compared to Europe and Canada I suppose.

Either way, up to you to configure it in such a way that you feel OK with it I guess.

And yes, I do agree on this "Big Brother" idea and don't like it one bit either but it's part of the entire idea residing behind this "hybrid" OS.
    If you don't want it, shut the doors as stated before.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 28, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I wasn't going to comment on this thread, until I read THIS post!! Windows DOES uninstall LEGAL software on you PC, not to say it doesn't IS NOT Correct!! Its uninstalled programs for some users like CCleaner, Speccy, and one GPU utility and these programs were Freeware, not illegal by any stretch. Their are still bugs even in the latest update for SOME folks. All this has already been reported over the last few weeks by some of the member's here, all ya had to do was read their posts.

OldMike65, Nov 28, 2015
  8. fdegrove Win User

Should I or Shouldn't I

Hi,

It does. Question is why does it does so on some "puters" and not on others as I've noticed ?

MS moves in mysterious ways or so it seems....

Quite often I notice that reinstalling this SW after MS has finished its upgrade routine runs just fine.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 28, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes I agree fdegrove, most of the time you can reinstall the programs, that windows removed. Does seem strange, also saying you can stop MS from not getting some information from your computer is also false, Ya can't stop MS from getting your info if they want it, unless you uninstall windows 10. but I don't care much about that, seeing how their is not much we can do about it anyways. You can turn lots of stuff off....but MS can still grab your info. *Wink

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should I or Shouldn't I

1. Should I or Shouldn't I - Similar Threads - Should Shouldn't

2. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do these do? Should i touch them?: Should i be tinkering with Component services?my PC is quite tightly locked/ restrictive if you don't have admin perms i don't have admin perms to delete apps from "uninstall a program" eg. Bluestacks but that's not my issue the issue is thati can edit all of theseremove,...
  3. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these do? Should i touch them?: Should i be tinkering with Component services?my PC is quite tightly locked/ restrictive if you don't have admin perms i don't have admin perms to delete apps from "uninstall a program" eg. Bluestacks but that's not my issue the issue is thati can edit all of theseremove,...
  4. What do these do? Should i touch them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  6. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?: I have been given a work computer that is on a domain, should I keep it that way? Or should I wipe it and remove it from the domain?What are the disadvantages in keeping as it is?...
  7. Work computer given to me that is on a domain, should I keep it that way?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  9. DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?

DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it?: DNS server is not responding in Windows 10 Pro. What should I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-is-not-responding-in-windows-10-pro/fc137db6-89e7-4792-86a0-5d5fd830cc6d
  10. I should or I shouldn't ?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I should or I shouldn't ?!: I see MS release the 1809 build I'm wondering if I should re-install windows 10 or keep windows 7 ?! oh PS my computer hardware can perfectly handle windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-should-or-i-shouldnt/9136bb70-9841-4544-9b73-1da26695b9d0