Windows 10: Should I Perform a Frest Start?

Discus and support Should I Perform a Frest Start? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop had gradually started running apps and games slower recently. So I decided to see if there was a way to fix it in my settings and found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ian Sandoval, May 16, 2019.

1. Should I Perform a Frest Start?

My laptop had gradually started running apps and games slower recently. So I decided to see if there was a way to fix it in my settings and found the "Fresh Start" button. I read everything about it but I'm not sure if I should try and attempt it to see if my computer runs faster after its done. But I still have some questions about it like "Is it basically a computer factory reset with come apps being kept" or

"Can I choose apps and files that I want to keep before I actually do it." Those are the main two questions I have about doing a Fresh Start"

:)

Ian Sandoval, May 16, 2019

2. Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, May 16, 2019
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Device Performance & Health feature

This can be an issue with the old driver, update or hardware. However, for us to fully identify what is causing the issue, we may need to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Use System File Checker to check for system file corruption.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start 
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc/scannow(note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers
    and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Once done, check if your Device Performance & Health will work and generate a report.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 16, 2019
  4. Should I Perform a Frest Start?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Should I Perform a Frest Start?

1. Should I Perform a Frest Start? - Similar Threads - Should Perform Frest

2. What should I do to help my computer performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do to help my computer performance: I started to have some computer struggles out of no where a couple weeks ago and tried to use the Razer Cleanup tool to help. I don't fully know what it did but I assume it deleted items. Ever since then I have been able to get most of the errors off but the lag is still...
  3. Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?: I have G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz, if i installed another 16gb ram will i feel an improvement in gaming performance?My PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-another-ram-for-better-gaming/aac7e211-242e-4f64-b750-346a0355bc93
  4. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  5. Sluggish performance should I roll back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sluggish performance should I roll back?: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 and am noticing sluggish performance.It includes slower startup,slower shut down ,right click menu pops in slower also tasks such as resizing/closing and opening have become slower.I have the latest KB5008215 update Non-insider...
  6. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I do to improve performance for gaming?: I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do? And is there anyway to temporarily disable it via a batch file please? Thanks in advance :) submitted by /u/AAAAAshwin [link] [comments]...
  7. Frest Start's effect on Office Licenses/keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frest Start's effect on Office Licenses/keys: Hi all, I did some browsing here on the sub and on windows' official website for an answer but haven't had any luck to my question. Here's my problem. I would like to run Fresh Start to reinstall windows 10. I've been having some issues with booting, where it would boot to a...
  8. should i set the game to high performance mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    should i set the game to high performance mode: i have an alienware 17 r5 laptop which has switchable graphics which are nvidia geforce gtx 1080 and intel card when i play some games i will get the geforce overlay popup in the upper right telling me to press alt and z if i want to use geforce experience in game. the popup...
  9. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. Brand new laptop not performing as it should.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop not performing as it should.: Hello. I just got myself a brand new (2 weeks ago) MSI GP72VR 6RF gaming laptop. And i was full of hope and thoughts on games i could play with high/maxed settings with good fps, but there has been nothing but a disappointment. From games like CSGO, Diablo 3 and even...