Windows 10: Should I play games with a clean boot?

Discus and support Should I play games with a clean boot? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have a PC which stands on the minimum system requirements of a video game. I wanted to ask you that is it a good idea to play the game with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AtharvJack, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Should I play games with a clean boot?

Hi! I have a PC which stands on the minimum system requirements of a video game. I wanted to ask you that is it a good idea to play the game with a clean boot? It should empty the useless ram usage by other things right? If not then plz suggest what should I do to optimize my system before gaming.

:)

AtharvJack, Sep 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 ALT+Tabbing itself while playing games.

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• Does the issue occur only while playing game?
    • Does the issue occur while using any other apps?
    • Are you referring to Windows Store games or Desktop games?

I would suggest you to make sure that the keys are not pressed by mistake. I would suggest you to restart the computer in clean boot and then try to play the game and check if the issue persists as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 26, 2020
  3. BSOD when trying to play online game

Hi,

To better assist you with this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Is this happening on one game only?
    • Is this the first time you encountered this issue? If so, any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a
    clean boot
    on the computer. Once done, try to play the game again and check if you will still experience the same issue.

Keep us posted.

Desiree Yau, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Should I play games with a clean boot?

Window 10 will not let me play my games....

Hi Alissa,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play games in Windows 10 as they crashes and freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

• Please be informed if you are able to see any error message/ notification.

I suggest you to perform clean boot and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer to "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

For any further gaming issue, I suggest you to refer to the link:
    For Help with Gaming Issues

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Should I play games with a clean boot?

1. Should I play games with a clean boot? - Similar Threads - Should play games

2. after clean boot, no games work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, no games work: after clean boot, no games work. i got tech support earlier and no games work, kernal failiure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clean-boot-no-games-work/a33e6eff-7872-46ce-8fd3-c4098064b741
  3. after clean boot, no games work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after clean boot, no games work: after clean boot, no games work. i got tech support earlier and no games work, kernal failiure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clean-boot-no-games-work/a33e6eff-7872-46ce-8fd3-c4098064b741
  4. after clean boot, no games work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can I play a game in clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play a game in clean boot?: Hi. I recently got Red Dead Redemption 2 but most times I try to play the game I get an error stating that I am out of memory and the game crashes, I have tried all available troubleshooting but nothing has worked. Sometimes when I turn on my computer the game works and I...
  6. Can I play a game in clean boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I play a game in clean boot?: Hi. I recently got Red Dead Redemption 2 but most times I try to play the game I get an error stating that I am out of memory and the game crashes, I have tried all available troubleshooting but nothing has worked. Sometimes when I turn on my computer the game works and I...
  7. Game load is slow after clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game load is slow after clean boot: My game LOADING is slow and not using alot of my ssd, like overwatch, before the clean install it uses alot of ssd to load very fast, but now its slow to load...
  8. whats ur fav game we should play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats ur fav game we should play?: any games that's good and best ill check it out and give it a try 183104
  9. My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game: I've downloaded The Sims Medieval to my PC through Origin, and my PC recognizes and runs the launcher and all the installers just fine, but when I launch the game, it just runs in the background. I can find it in the task manager but have no clue if I can somehow bring the...
  10. should i now clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should i now clean install: evening guys, question for you all am using 10240 as an insider should I now do a clean install or just leave it running as it is , only with all the downloads and updates since day 1 i,ve accumulated 86gb used on my hard drive out of 234gb if so what product key do I use...