Windows 10: Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop

Discus and support Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend has this old laptop he never uses so I decided to take it to try and mine Bitcoin or something. But to connect to the school with I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Andlop25, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop

My friend has this old laptop he never uses so I decided to take it to try and mine Bitcoin or something. But to connect to the school with I need to update to windows 8 or a over. I can’t find a free access key for windows 8 and I was offered a windows 10 iso disk for 10 bucks with the key but idk if that will make the computer terrible at mining or just brick. I’d love some help. I can provide more specs if necessary

submitted by /u/Andlop25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Andlop25, Feb 25, 2021
  2. spunk Win User

32bit vs 64bit with 2GB of ram

Also, 64bit Windows runs very slow on 2GB of RAM, we suggest 4GB or better to install 64bit Windows.

spunk, Feb 25, 2021
  3. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody
    ever encountered this situation before? Please help. Thanks

AarontheGoat, Feb 25, 2021
  4. TechGuru Win User

Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop

EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue on my laptop where the Event Tracking for Windows (EtwB) is utilizing an excessive amount of memory. I have attached screenshots of both task manager's memory usage, task manager's list of running programming sorted by working memory, and a list from poolmon.exe showing the excessive memory usage.

Running the machine in Safe Mode, this does not occur. I have also disabled all startup programs and restarted, and the problem still exists. I tried disabling my network devices and closing all open programs, and it still shows over 4GB no matter what, with EtwB always being around that amount in poolmon.

Here are my system specifications:
    MSI GS65 Stealth
    GTX 1070 Max-Q
    Intel Core i7-8750H
    Intel UHD Graphics 630
    16GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM (2x8GB) @ 2667MHz

Let me know if I can provide anything else to help in figuring this issue out.

Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop [​IMG]

TechGuru, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop

1. Should I put windows 10 on my 2gb ram laptop - Similar Threads - Should put 2gb

2. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM: Can I download Windows 10 and 2gb RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-and-a-2gb-ram/d8b82aa0-effa-4257-a5a9-156360d14552
  3. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM: Can I download Windows 10 and 2gb RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-download-windows-10-and-a-2gb-ram/d8b82aa0-effa-4257-a5a9-156360d14552
  4. Can I download Windows 10 and a 2gb RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install Windows 10 on a computer with 2gb of RAM?: Here are my computers specs: Windows 7 Ultimate i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System, Graphics card: “Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. I have more than enough disk space. This guy was able to do it and his computer’s specs are worse than mine. submitted by...
  6. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram: Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this...
  7. EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM: Hello, I am experiencing an issue on my laptop where the Event Tracking for Windows (EtwB) is utilizing an excessive amount of memory. I have attached screenshots of both task manager's memory usage, task manager's list of running programming sorted by working memory, and a...
  8. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...
  9. RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM - Missing 2GB of active RAM: So I am running Win10 Home 64-bit. Recently noticed that of the 16gb ram installed (4x4) only 14gb shows up in windows. So I bought 2x8gb sticks to upgrade - now have 24gb (2x4 and 2x8) but again only 22gb is showing up in windows. I have cheeked the BIOS says that I...
  10. is 2GB RAM enough?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is 2GB RAM enough?: I was going to install Windows 10 on an old Pentium Dual Core PC with 2GB RAM, currently running Windows 7. Is it best to upgrade the RAM to 4GB first? 6444