Windows 10: Should I reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Should I reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if i'm getting these errors because of the new windows 10 update. I can't turn on my firewall and I can't open any video or music file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdJeanty, Dec 2, 2019.

1. EdJeanty Win User

Should I reinstall Windows 10

I'm not sure if i'm getting these errors because of the new windows 10 update. I can't turn on my firewall and I can't open any video or music file without getting these errors Should I reinstall Windows 10 af652ede-dec8-433c-9367-7662ce7cbeba?upload=true.png Should I reinstall Windows 10 dd30d819-4a92-4dd4-98ef-d37dccd57abf?upload=true.png

:)

EdJeanty, Dec 2, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Should I reinstall Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Should I reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Should reinstall

2. Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?: I previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on a PC and was told I could therefore skip the steps which ask for a product key during the installation process and was directed to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... to download the Media...
  3. Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De

Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De: Hi I am in the process of a Clean install Windows 10 I had to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky (Full Version) and reading the thread text_156.txt re - cannot install Mcvee or other Virus programs with Windows Defender still working? Does that also apply to Kaspersky ? Q -...
  4. Should I reinstall Kaspersky Befor turning Win De

Should I reinstall Kaspersky Befor turning Win De: Hi I am in the process of a Clean install Windows 10 I had to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky (Full Version) and reading the thread text_156.txt re - cannot install Mcvee or other Virus programs with Windows Defender still working? Does that also apply to Kaspersky ? Q -...
  5. OneDrive not working, should I reinstall another version?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not working, should I reinstall another version?: After I delete the non-functioning/updating version of OneDrive from my Win10 HP Envy (Touchscreen Convertible) Notebook, where do I go to get an updating & fully functioning replacement OneDrive compatible version?...
  6. Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?

Clean win10 Reinstall with MBR: where should I reinstall?: I'm attempting to make a clean win10 install on a drive that works but has a serious problem with the hard drive running continuously. I have a MBR setup. I'm closely following the Win 10 Clean Install tutorial, but not sure what to do after selecting a custom installation...
  7. i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...: i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-was-getting-mfc110udll-file-is-missing-it-is-to/b5a37d82-6962-418e-8eaf-1505fdcc5132
  8. Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?

Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?: With my Notebook there is no Win DVD / CD supplied. I want to download a Win version to reinstall and a repair DVD/CD, bootable Win CD/DVD. Which one should I download? And how can I register the download Win for my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573)? [img] Is this one...
  9. Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall

Wiping my Windows 10 pro PC.What Method should I use to wipe-Reinstall: Hello Everyone, Every so often I do a reboot of my computer. What I have done for years is use a program like DBAN to wipe my whole computer. Next, the only full version of Windows I own is XP, so I install that and that creates a partition that puts XP on it. Then I would...
  10. 10 upgrade fail - should I reinstall 8 or 10

10 upgrade fail - should I reinstall 8 or 10: Hi, just acquired a Asus x205ta laptop because last owner failed in upgrade from 8 to 10. Current state = no boot, but I can access bios and boot from USB. I created a Win 8.1 USB drive and recovery options failed but proposed boot into Win10 which fails. I can access command...