Windows 10: Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems

Discus and support Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with different kind of BSOD and using USB devices. My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nigel95, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Nigel95 Win User

Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems

Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with different kind of BSOD and using USB devices.

My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and disconnecting I replaced it same issue and it works on another laptop. Some times the mouse and keyboard stops working and I have to reboot to make it work again.

Here you can find a link with all the minidumps of the 11 BSOD I had.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3np7dj5r1hrc2d3/bsod minidump files.rar?dl=0

So far I tried the following:

- updating bios to v37 with cmos clear

- BIOS settings/advanced/wake up even setup/resume by usb device: enable

- Stop Windows From Powering Off Your USB Devices

- Reinstalled Nvidia studio drivers and AMD chipset etc.

- sfc scannow didn't give any errors

- ram scan no issues

- deleting usb drivers in device manager but no fix after reboot.

- deleting third party plugin that showed up once in systemlog

Would a clean install of Windows make any sense for the usb connection problems? Maybe for the BSOD.

My pc build

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Wraith Boxed

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

Gigabyte geforce gtx 1650

NZXT H510

Crucial Ballistix bl2

Corsair CX450M Pny xlr8

Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Sandisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II USB T

:)

Nigel95, Aug 20, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems - Similar Threads - Should send mobo

2. USB hardware problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hardware problem: Hello, The hardware that I have marked in the picture on my computer occurs by itself even though I have not installed such hardware. How can i solve this problem.Thank you for your interest....
  3. USB hardware problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hardware problem: Hello, The hardware that I have marked in the picture on my computer occurs by itself even though I have not installed such hardware. How can i solve this problem.Thank you for your interest....
  4. USB hardware problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other BSODs, hardware related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and other BSODs, hardware related: Hey, about a week and a half ago I upgraded my system to a Ryzen 5 5600X with a B550 motherboard, and it seemed to be working fine. However, at some point, I started getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, and they became more frequent, to the point of me booting my computer and...
  6. Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I send mobo or other hardware for repair - BSOD and USB connection problems: Since I have my new pc I have constant issues with different kind of BSOD and using USB devices. My SD card reader usb c type keeps connecting and disconnecting (I replaced it same issue and it works on another laptop). Some times the mouse and keyboard stops working and I...
  7. BSoD Persist After Sending PC For Repairs

BSoD Persist After Sending PC For Repairs: I was having plenty of Blue Screens with various error names, a majority under "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". After a week of NZXT looking through it, my computer was shipped back with a new CPU, RAM, and fan. It didn't even make it a week before the BSoDs starting happening...
  8. Attivazione dopo hardware change mobo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Attivazione dopo hardware change mobo: Allora, ho fatto l'upgrade della mobo e della cpu al mio pc da gaming fisso, prima ho seguito le istruzioni di un video dove spiegavano che prima di fare l'upgrade bisogna collegare la propria licenza Windows all'account Microsoft. Ho seguito tutti gli step come da manuale,...
  9. Sending laptop for repairs. Should I delete main user admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sending laptop for repairs. Should I delete main user admin account?: I'm sending my laptop in for a screen repair to Lenovo, and I've never sent a computer out for repairs before, so I'm looking for input on how to handle my user account (Admin account). I'm current using a Microsoft account, so everything is tied to my username and account....
  10. BSODs, failing mobo?

BSODs, failing mobo?: Hey, what's up all. Recently, over the span of 3 days, I've been experiencing multiple BSODs. First couple times the BSOD was caused by a driver, which I've removed. Despite this, I'm still getting random BSODs (I just had one 20-30 minutes ago), except this time the bug...