Windows 10: Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

Discus and support Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winterdale, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down several times a day to take my laptop somewhere.It would be so much better if I could just unplug it and plug it in like I do with my mouse without closing all my tabs etc. to shut down but I'm worried about causing damage to hardware or memory.Scanner; Cannon LIDE220Laptop Model: ProBook 450 G7Product ID: 9UQ56PA#ABGCh

:)

Winterdale, Sep 26, 2022

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 26, 2022
  3. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2022
  4. DianeGill Win User

Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

1. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner? - Similar Threads - Should shut down

2. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  3. Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I shut down my computer every time I plug in my scanner?: Should I shut down my computer to plug in my scanner? I tend to do it to protect both items and historically, powering up the scanner 'with' the computer avoided twain error but I'm wondering if it's still necessary since I have to unplug my scanner and so therefore shut down...
  4. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down: Not sure if there is a fix to this. I am using windows on a MacBook Pro and every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down and the button to turn it back on dose not work. Every time this happens i have to restart my computer and that doesn't fix it what do i...
  5. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down: Not sure if there is a fix to this. I am using windows on a MacBook Pro and every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down and the button to turn it back on dose not work. Every time this happens i have to restart my computer and that doesn't fix it what do i...
  6. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Error every time I shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error every time I shut down: Please, I do not know how to solve it, sometimes after updating it goes away but then it comes back it started after i had a virus removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-every-time-i-shut-down/f22e85a9-42d2-41a5-b56e-93bac9aeaf24
  8. Error every time I shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error every time I shut down: Please, I do not know how to solve it, sometimes after updating it goes away but then it comes back it started after i had a virus removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-every-time-i-shut-down/f22e85a9-42d2-41a5-b56e-93bac9aeaf24
  9. My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes every time I plug my headphones in: So basically, I have a Lenovo PC with windows 10, and I don't know much about computers. So in the past week or so, I'll I plug in my headphones to my computer, then it will wait a couple minutes before freezing for 1-2 minutes, and then blue screening. I can only tell it's...
  10. Help BSOD every time I shut down or restart my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help BSOD every time I shut down or restart my computer: This started last month and ever since it always happen during before it shuts down. I used bluescreenview-x64 to check my dump information. [ATTACH]...