Windows 10: Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps

Discus and support Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a question regarding the behavior of the Microsoft store app. I have a couple of MS store apps on my machine and the apps are not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by sridharyadavilli, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the behavior of the Microsoft store app. I have a couple of MS store apps on my machine and the apps are not getting updated though the latest versions are released. So should I sign in to the Microsoft Store app to receive the updates?

Thanks,

Sridhar

:)

sridharyadavilli, Jan 13, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 13, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps

1. Should i sign in to Microsoft Store app to received latest updates on the apps - Similar Threads - Should sign Microsoft

2. I Can't Sign In to the Microsoft Store or Xbox APp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Sign In to the Microsoft Store or Xbox APp: Hello,When I try to login to the Microsoft store or Xbox app, I get the "You'll need internet for this" error every time. I have internet.Drivers are updated.Windows is up to date.Drives are fine.Store has been reset.Xbox app has been reset, re-installed.Apps have been...
  3. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not showing latest app versions: Hi,I have two different machines, one is desktop other one is laptop.On desktop whatsapp version2.2237.5.0 is installed. But on my laptop the windows store is always installing version2.2228.14.0 .Why does not the store install latest whatsapp on laptop as well, moreover I...
  4. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not showing latest app versions: Hi,I have two different machines, one is desktop other one is laptop.On desktop whatsapp version2.2237.5.0 is installed. But on my laptop the windows store is always installing version2.2228.14.0 .Why does not the store install latest whatsapp on laptop as well, moreover I...
  5. Microsoft store not showing latest app versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store

I cant sign in into any apps of microsoft store: Alright so this has been going for like 2 days now and its getting really annoying. Everytime i try to sign into microsoft store the sign in button doesnt do anything?? I reset, repaired, reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. I'm beginning to think its my settings but i...
  7. Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update

Microsoft store and apps quit working after latest update: I have lost access to my Apps, can't get to the Microsoft Store, even the Help App tries to start then shuts down. This occurred after the June 8th updates.I don't know if this can be solved--...
  8. Can I sign into only the microsoft store app

Can I sign into only the microsoft store app: I use a local account on my windows 10 PC and I do not want to associate my pc at all with a Microsoft account, but I do want to be able to sign into the Microsoft store app to download a game from xbox gamepass, but I want to do this safely to ensure that the microsoft...
  9. Can't sign in into the Microsoft store app.

Can't sign in into the Microsoft store app.: Recently I tried to download a game which requires me to sign into my account. After I hit continue I immediately get the message shown below. I've tried resetting the app and my windows is currently updated to the latest version.[ATTACH]...
  10. microsoft app, store can't sign in.

microsoft app, store can't sign in.: everytime i try to sign into the console companion app or microsoft store i get the message that i'm not connected to the internet and gives me a code that reads. 0x800704cf Please help this is making it so i can't play some of my games or download other ones. Also I...