Windows 10: Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

Discus and support Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a Dell laptop and it has Ubuntu pre-installed, and as much as I'm trying to like it, I still prefer Windows. Several of the applications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JacksonDonaldson, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

I just got a Dell laptop and it has Ubuntu pre-installed, and as much as I'm trying to like it, I still prefer Windows. Several of the applications in Windows just can't be found in Ubuntu and their substitutes are not as good. Now, I can't afford to buy the official version of Windows10, and I'm not sure if I have enough space in the laptop to install it(I feel Windows being very bulky might slow down my already mediocre-performing laptop). Taking all this into consideration should I install windows.

submitted by /u/JacksonDonaldson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JacksonDonaldson, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

Well Martin I finally got around to giving it a try.
    And.....

If everyone just follows your instructions "step by step" exactly....
    it works perfectly!!!*Party

I now have 4k Ubuntu in Hyper-V
    Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10? [​IMG]

ThanksShould I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10? :)
    1080p
    (click to enlarge)

4K*Party*Party*Party(change to 200%)
    (click to enlarge)

Cliff S, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Sasuke__Uchiha, Sep 26, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

That looks really cool. I am glad it worked ok. I had guide working for a pre-release of 18.04 but something changed on release version, and it fell over.

Others on github site had same issue and eventually a user posted a solution (commenting out two lines in install.sh) and I got guide working.

Interestingly, one of the guys there linked to my guide, presumably as it is more upto date than original 16.04 guide -LOL!

I also get that error message (partly hidden in second screen shot) but I dismiss it and nothing seems to be affected.

cereberus, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

1. Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10? - Similar Threads - Should switch Ubuntu

2. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  3. Should I switch to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I switch to 11: I have used windows 11 two times on my PC, first was with upgrade It got corrupted and slow and the second was a clean install, still no success, I use 10 now is 11 more stable in 2023?...
  4. Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10: 1 month ago i switched to ubuntu. I have 2NVME i want to install windows in one, in the other one i have ubuntu. I download windows.iso from media creation tool and go to rufus. GPT UEFINO CSM FAT32 8192by default motherboard:...
  5. Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7

Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7: I had my computer officially running on Windows 7 and then i switched to Ubuntu as Windows 7 was a bit slow. Now i want to know if I still have the official license for windows 7 as i want to upgrade Ubuntu to Windows 10 because Windows 10 free needs an official license of...
  6. Switching from Linux mint to windows10

Switching from Linux mint to windows10: Hey im running linux mint 19.3 Tricia on my dell latitude e6500, HDD: 240GB CPU: intel core2 duo T9600 @ 2x 2.801GHz RAM: 1194MiB / 3924MiB MEM: 1394MiB / 3924MiB. It Came with win7 installed, i upgraded to win10, then switched to linux mint using bootable usb. I wiped my...
  7. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  8. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  9. Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18

Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18: Hi there I tried to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. Originally it had Win10. After partitioning and installing Ubuntu, Windows now no longer booting. "no accessible boot device" I tried to change many settings in BIOS: SATA: AHCI UEFI...
  10. INSTALL UBUNTU 18.O4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INSTALL UBUNTU 18.O4: WHAT DO I HAVE TO KNOW TO INSTALL UBUNTU 18.04 WITH WINDOWS 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/install-ubuntu-18o4/e2757bc7-3571-4e3f-b49b-53eb48fb9e7c