Windows 10: Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

Discus and support Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by oneupthextraman, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app crashes. This has been an issue for 2+ years. I was wondering if I can expect microsoft to actually fix it, or if I should start investing in buying stuff from amazon?

:)

oneupthextraman, Apr 11, 2022

2. Microsoft movies and TV app question

Is the Microsoft movies and TV app only for windows 8 or 10? I found out windows 7 works better on my netbook but I miss the Microsoft movies and TV app.
    Or is there another way to watch videos purchased from Microsoft and also another way to watch videos I got downloaded such as MP4 movies?

Miss Bad Wolf, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Microsoft Store Web

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Microsoft Store Web

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

1. Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app? - Similar Threads - Should switch amazon

2. Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV: So I found an very annoying feature from Movies and TV. When I click and drag my video, it switches to another video. This is also for the right button, the mouse wheel, and the buttons that take me left and right on pages on browsers. How do I disable this feature with some...
  3. Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable switch between videos on Movies and TV: So I found an very annoying feature from Movies and TV. When I click and drag my video, it switches to another video. This is also for the right button, the mouse wheel, and the buttons that take me left and right on pages on browsers. How do I disable this feature with some...
  4. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  5. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  6. Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?: The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app crashes. This has been an issue for 2+ years. I was wondering if I can expect microsoft to actually fix it, or if I should...
  7. Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?

Should I switch to amazon for my video watching, or hope microsoft fixes the movies and tv app?: The last time I contacted microsoft support, I was told that it is a known issue that if you download a bunch of files through their app that the app crashes. This has been an issue for 2+ years. I was wondering if I can expect microsoft to actually fix it, or if I should...
  8. Microsoft Movies & TV App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Movies & TV App: Up until recently, I have been using the Movies & TV app as my default video player without any problems or complaints. But sometime over the past couple of months, something happened that has essentially made the app unusable. I can't recall if there was any software update...
  9. (I never knew!) Movies & TV + Movies Anywhere lets you watch Amazon and Apple Video...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (I never knew!) Movies & TV + Movies Anywhere lets you watch Amazon and Apple Video...: [ATTACH] Ever since college I took to making digital purchases of films and tv shows on Amazon Instant Video. I have a pretty sizeable collection to the point where I never considered any other service before. Going through my Xbox One I fired up the video rental store...
  10. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...