Windows 10: Should I take legal action against Microsoft?

Discus and support Should I take legal action against Microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having problems with the touchpad on my Surface pro 2017 so I contacted Microsoft and they tried to resolve the issue by remote access but found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ARIFULISLAM7, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Should I take legal action against Microsoft?

I was having problems with the touchpad on my Surface pro 2017 so I contacted Microsoft and they tried to resolve the issue by remote access but found that it was a internal problem so they decided to replace the device as I still had warranty. Before I sent my device for replacement I asked them is it an issue that I have few cracks (you can see it from certain angle) on the screen and they said no it is not an issue as long as the screen is not completely obliterated they will replace it. After that I was in contact with Microsoft 2 more times with two different agents and they both confirmed the same things.

When they received my device they wrote me a email saying they can't replace the device because of the cracks. I contacted Microsoft straight after they just apologised for the wrong information and offered me paid exchange which I can't afford as a student. I asked them to send me call recordings and chat transcripts as proof which I'm still waiting for.

The customer support was excellent though, those poor agents were probably misinformed.

:)

ARIFULISLAM7, Aug 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Legal action against Nokia

O.K. friends,if Nokia won't relese this update in the next 4 days and if they will relesed with the old bugs or the new ones i propose to start a legal action against Nokia regarding this "Flashgip" full of ptoblems,it is our right and they must do something

britzinelul24, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Should I take legal action against Microsoft?

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Should I take legal action against Microsoft?

1. Should I take legal action against Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Should legal action

2. Should I unblock this action?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I unblock this action?: Basically, there were some windows poped up for one second after I logged inThen, Windows Security notified me to set up ransomware protection by using onedrive and I set up controlled folder protection as well. Afterward, I did a full scan and there is some notifications say...
  3. Should I unblock this action?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I unblock this action?: Basically, there were some windows poped up for one second after I logged inThen, Windows Security notified me to set up ransomware protection by using onedrive and I set up controlled folder protection as well. Afterward, I did a full scan and there is some notifications say...
  4. What will we should take action for the volume shadow copy error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will we should take action for the volume shadow copy error?: We have encountered error of volume shadow copy service error. Unexpected error calling routine queryfullprocessimagenamew hr :0x80070006 the handle is invalid. Kindly suggest what to do.....
  5. What will we should take action for the volume shadow copy error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will we should take action for the volume shadow copy error?: We have encountered error of volume shadow copy service error. Unexpected error calling routine queryfullprocessimagenamew hr :0x80070006 the handle is invalid. Kindly suggest what to do.....
  6. Unable to remove or take action against "Tojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove or take action against "Tojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml": It's a constant and persisting problem that Microsoft Windows Defender finds and will not allow me to 'Take Action' to remove and/or quarantine. This time, since 3/11/22 supposedly Microsoft Defender found a Severe threat called "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml". When I clicked on...
  7. Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.: Every time I use the scan feature from Windows Defender, the same threats that have already been found show up so I always press the start actions button but then when I scan another time the same threats show up, I have repeated this cycle for more than 10 times and nothing...
  8. Legal action on Xbox Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legal action on Xbox Microsoft: So recently I gotten a suspension on my account for trying to host a tournament with the winner getting a $50 xbox gift card, I was not charging anything to join the event, how ever xbox enforcement decides to take action after my 3re post on the LFG, stating I broke the use...
  9. Microsoft takes action against fourth nation-state cybercrime group

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft takes action against fourth nation-state cybercrime group: On December 27, a U.S. district court unsealed documents detailing work Microsoft has performed to disrupt cyberattacks from a threat group we call Thallium, which is believed to operate from North Korea. Our court case against Thallium, filed in the U.S. District Court for...
  10. Class Action Lawsuit against Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Class Action Lawsuit against Microsoft?: I truly believe there should be one. What right does Microsoft have, to enforce Security Updates that disable otherwise functioning computers? My computer may be older, but it works, and works fine, EXCEPT when the Death Star shoots off one of their Security Updates that...