Windows 10: Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

Discus and support Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. I found different answers but nothing clear with the problem we have. My daughter ex... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by msigame, Jun 22, 2024.

1. msigame Win User

Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. I found different answers but nothing clear with the problem we have. My daughter ex boyfriend left with her laptop and we do not have access to it anymore. We tried to Find the device but no luck. He can keep the laptop but from our side, should we Unlink the device still in my daughter's account and then Remove the device ? She changed he online password account but we think the laptop had automatic logon on line. We just want to make sure she is no more linked with the laptop, even if was never Reset. Thank in advance for your

:)

msigame, Jun 22, 2024

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Jun 22, 2024
  3. Unlinking or Removing Devices

If I want to unlink and remove a device from my account will it delete all of the myphone logs along with it or do I need to log on to that device after removing it and delete all previous calls and messages if I don't want them to show up on the removed
    device any longer?

titanballer3096, Jun 22, 2024
  4. Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

1. Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. - Similar Threads - Should Unlink Remove

2. Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.: Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. I found different answers but nothing clear with the problem we have. My daughter ex boyfriend left with her laptop and we do not have access to it anymore. We tried to Find the device but no luck. He can keep...
  3. Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order.: Should I Unlink or Remove a device, or both, and in what order. I found different answers but nothing clear with the problem we have. My daughter ex boyfriend left with her laptop and we do not have access to it anymore. We tried to Find the device but no luck. He can keep...
  4. What is device encryption, and should I use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is device encryption, and should I use it?: Technical Difficulty: AdvancedWhat is device encryption?Device encryption is a feature that exists in Windows 10 & 11. It is available on PCs that are connected to the internet and signed into a Microsoft Account. Your device needs to have a TPM and Secure Boot enabled.Device...
  5. What is Unsecapp.exe? Is it Safe? Should I remove it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Unsecapp.exe? Is it Safe? Should I remove it?: [ATTACH]There are tons of programs available in Windows OS, and while we know some of them, there are few which may sound so different that it may confuse the consumers. One such program is Unsecapp.exe. It’s a legit Windows program with an uncommon name, and it’s not alone....
  6. Unlinking a Removed Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unlinking a Removed Device: I have removed a device from my Microsoft account. I experienced no subsequent action to Unlink the Removed device, which I would very much like to do. Do I resurrect the Microsoft connection to the device, then somehow Unlink? If so, how would I locate it? Is there another...
  7. remove then unlink device from microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    remove then unlink device from microsoft account: the instructions say to 1st remove the device from the account i'm gifing this computer and it's copy of windows 10 so i removed the device - no problem the instructions then say to "unlink" the device giving the same web address as the previous instructions but now, of...
  8. what is this? should i remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? should i remove it?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/plxnp0oadpt51.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=8875fb72cb613d6934ca3686badf428fccbd344c so my c drive was being auto filled and i searched up how to fix it , i found a method that i should open system properties , then i saw this...
  9. Unlinking or Removing Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlinking or Removing Devices: If I want to unlink and remove a device from my account will it delete all of the myphone logs along with it or do I need to log on to that device after removing it and delete all previous calls and messages if I don't want them to show up on the removed device any longer?...
  10. What HP Bloatware should I remove?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What HP Bloatware should I remove?: https://imgur.com/3Vzh7qx.png https://imgur.com/PBgIMei.png What is totally fine to uninstall? (Aside from the printer stuff obviously) submitted by /u/hameha220 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh64e8/what_hp_bloatware_should_i_remove/