Windows 10: Should I update BIOS?

Discus and support Should I update BIOS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having trouble with my internet for a few months now. My laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi 1-2 times every hour, whether it's my home Wi-Fi,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Julie 39, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Julie 39 Win User

Should I update BIOS?

I've been having trouble with my internet for a few months now. My laptop disconnects from Wi-Fi 1-2 times every hour, whether it's my home Wi-Fi, school Wi-Fi, or personal hotspot.

When I troubleshooted a few weeks ago I got the message "a network cable is not properly plugged in" says detected. Then few days after trying a few methods to fix it, I now get "problem with wireless adapter or access point" says fixed. After troubleshooting, the problem gets "fixed," but it doesn't stay fixed for long since I get disconnected an hour later.

I've tried ALL the solutions from this video, but none have worked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYWkIOCOlM

So I was thinking maybe I should update BIOS? However, I read that this may harm my laptop. So I'm not sure if I take the chance? But then again, I'd like to fix my internet issues. Will updating BIOS even help in this situation?

----------

Here is just some information about my laptop:

Model Name: PH315-52

Driver: KillerR Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter 200NGW Version: 21.10.2.2

BIOS Version: V1.08

:)

Julie 39, Apr 17, 2021
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Apr 17, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Should I update BIOS?

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Should I update BIOS?

1. Should I update BIOS? - Similar Threads - Should update BIOS

2. New BIOS update for A515-45 R7FK: v1.142023/08/08 Should I update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New BIOS update for A515-45 R7FK: v1.142023/08/08 Should I update BIOS?: Laptop model: Acer Aspire A515-45 R7FK.Currently, my laptop's BIOS version is 1.05, but I noticed that Acer has released a new version, 1.14. I'm a bit unsure whether I should proceed with the update or not.I've heard that BIOS updates can sometimes improve system stability...
  3. New BIOS update for A515-45 R7FK: v1.142023/08/08 Should I update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New BIOS update for A515-45 R7FK: v1.142023/08/08 Should I update BIOS?: Is there anyone using the same model laptop who has updated the new BIOS update to v1.14?If yes, how about the performance and stability?Are there any bugs or issues with the updates, or is everything fine?My laptop's BIOS version is 1.05 and still works fine, but I suspect...
  4. NEED QUICK REPLY - Should I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED QUICK REPLY - Should I update my BIOS?: I have an old laptop from Dell, and on their support website, it shows me a bunch of drivers for update, including an update to the BIOS firmware, and it also categorizes it as "urgent". Now I know the risks of updating my BIOS firmware, that is why I am asking this. Even...
  5. NEED QUICK REPLY - Should I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED QUICK REPLY - Should I update my BIOS?: I have an old laptop from Dell, and on their support website, it shows me a bunch of drivers for update, including an update to the BIOS firmware, and it also categorizes it as "urgent". Now I know the risks of updating my BIOS firmware, that is why I am asking this. Even...
  6. NEED QUICK REPLY - Should I update my BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?

DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?: Hello, I have a Dell desktop XPS 8900, running the latest version (1903) of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit . My new monitor is not detecting my display port cable, so I am using DVI. (The old monitor from 2007 didn't have a DP option.) I decided to check and see if I needed new...
  8. Should I change these bios settings?

Should I change these bios settings?: Can anybody explain these settings in bios? I dont really understand how these settings work. [img] [img] 60040
  9. Should i update my BIOS Drivers?

Should i update my BIOS Drivers?: Should I update my BIOS Drivers? Actually, it takes a minute for the PC to boot... The boot time is extremely slow. That's why I'm thinking of updating my BIOS Drivers. Thanks *Smile Specs: Motherboard: MSI 880GMS - E41(FX) CPU: AMD FX-6300 GPU: PowerColor Devil R9 270x...
  10. Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?

Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?: Windows 10 on a Dell XPS8900 desktop tower. I am getting a message telling me there is a Dell BIOS update available and recommending that I do it. In the systray, there is a Dell icon that says my system is up to date. Should I ignore the BIOS update? Sounds major and...