Windows 10: Should I update my pc or wait?

Discus and support Should I update my pc or wait? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am still running the Mid-February update KB4532693 for windows 10 1909, after I had problems with KB4535996 and rollled back. I haven't updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Turboyoshi0406, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Should I update my pc or wait?

I am still running the Mid-February update KB4532693 for windows 10 1909, after I had problems with KB4535996 and rollled back. I haven't updated since, and was wondering if I should keep updates paused or update today? I am new to the windows 10 operating system and I just don't what to do right now.

submitted by /u/Turboyoshi0406
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Turboyoshi0406, Mar 16, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Should I update my pc or wait? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 16, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Should I update my pc or wait?

Files waiting to be burned on disk error

Hello,

As you want to remove the notification for "Files waiting to be burned", I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open This PC.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder
    • Delete the files preset in the above location and check for status.

Note: This will delete the files which have been selected to burn on CD/DVD.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Should I update my pc or wait?

1. Should I update my pc or wait? - Similar Threads - Should update wait

2. Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?: Hey all! Word on the street is the new Windows version 21H1 is planned to come out this month. I don't want to install 20H2 only to have to do a big update a few days later, don't like installing Windows on top of Windows, always has little issues that trigger me like leaving...
  3. Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?: I just bought a Fujitsu Q704 convertible and it is running windows 10 pro 1909. It has the 20H2 version listed in available updates, and I am wondering if I should allow it to do so, or wait for the 21H1 version? It has a i3 processo r and 4gb of ram. It seems to run 1909...
  4. How long should chdsk be waited for?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  5. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?: I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver....
  6. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...: Hi there! Hope you're all okay and safe during this crazy pandemic and these unfortunately hate-filled times in the US... I have a small question regarding the May 2020 update. When I check for updates with Windows Update, I don't see the update but I see the banner saying...
  7. Should i wait???

Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  8. Newest Win 10 update and should i update or wait?

Newest Win 10 update and should i update or wait?: Hi, I am new to Win 10. I presently have 1909 on one of my computers (Win 10 Pro 64-bit). How can I find out what the newest version available is? And should I update or wait? From what I understand, there are a number of issues with new versions when they first come out and...
  9. Should i get 10 in january or wait for 11 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i get 10 in january or wait for 11 ?: i have a laptop that came default with windows 7 and i want to get windows 10 in january but windows 11 releases in july.i have no clue what to choose submitted by /u/adahamisnotinjail [link] [comments]...
  10. AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?

AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?: Hi All, Just finished putting the final touches on my upgraded rig. The main reason for the upgrade was because it was a bit long in the tooth. The main hardware was around 9 years old. I upgraded to the following hardware: MSI B450 Pro Carbon MB, Ryzen 7 1700x CPU, RX590-8...