Windows 10: Should I update or leave it

Discus and support Should I update or leave it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo OS - Windows 10 RS2 I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xpktv2000, Jul 11, 2017.

1. xpktv2000 Win User

Should I update or leave it

Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP)
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo
    OS - Windows 10 RS2
    I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version - 15.1.2.10 , Latest Version - 10.1.1.14 , so is this a software bug or should I update but the recent version is lower than the installed version. Kindly help me in deciding, I am also attaching the screen shot. Thanks
    Should I update or leave it [​IMG]

:)

xpktv2000, Jul 11, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

If your system is currently stable and working as expected, then skip this installation, this might be a bug in the Intel Driver Update Utility as there is no way it should suggest rolling back to an older version . . .

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Should I update or leave it

Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP)

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo

OS - Windows 10 RS2

I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version - 15.1.2.10 , Latest Version - 10.1.1.14 , so is this a software bug or should
    I update but the recent version is lower than the installed version. Kindly help me in deciding, I am also attaching the screen shot. Thanks

Should I update or leave it [​IMG]

Victor Viceor, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

If the computer and all its parts is otherwise working fine I'd leave it as is. Or in other words, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Berton, Jul 11, 2017
  5. Unkn0wn Win User
    Hey,

And welcome to Tenforums,

As said before, if it is working properly you should just leave it, but if you are experiencing problems with the installed version you could use it to revert to an older version, which might fix any problems. But just a side note intel drivers are sort of almost out of date if you are using a newer version of Windows and most of the time the newer drivers are better anyway, but not always.

Unkn0wn, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    I've noticed the intel download utility will offer older downloads than those installed. *Confused

Bastet, Jul 12, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Read the "fine print" in the Intel Driver download utility. They are offering their generic drivers, and say that your OEM or System may offer drivers that are tuned for your machine. And if you DL the Intel flavor, you may lose some custom functions, etc. 99.99% they'll work ok, but not be totally up to par.

f14tomcat, Jul 12, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

I would leave well alone.

Most likely the bit applying to your particular chipset won't change.

Intel basically just adds in newer chipset drivers as they come out. The actual info for older chipsets never changes.

It appears to be downgrade, but I think all it means is between version 10 and 15 there were no changes for your specific chipset.

Your installed 'version' maybe higher but contains a load of stuff not actually relevant. Being a Laptop may contain some customisations for your hardware.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Should I update or leave it - Similar Threads - Should update leave

2. Should I turn the lights off when using night light mode or should I leave them on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should I turn the lights off when using night light mode or should I leave them on?: Just as the subject suggested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-turn-the-lights-off-when-using-night/c773c056-7cc1-4b30-b897-6e531c4fb99b
  3. Should I turn Bitlocker back on or just leave it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I turn Bitlocker back on or just leave it off?: Hello, I turned off Bitlocker a few months back because it locked me out of my laptop right before a submission. (Luckily I managed to reboot the system and gain access to turn it off a few hours later). Do I need to turn it back on again? If so, how do I prevent it from...
  4. How much disk space should I leave for a Windows 10 partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How much disk space should I leave for a Windows 10 partition?: I use a Linux distro as my main system, but I want to leave a secondary Windows partiotion that I'll use to play a small bunch of old games, that put together shouldn't take more than 15 GB. How much disk space should allocate for that? Thanks....
  5. Should I update to 1909?

Should I update to 1909?: I have all these cumulative updates that all fail for some reason. Something about corrupted system files. Would updating Windows to 1909 be alright to do? submitted by /u/WHO_JERKED_ME_OFF [link] [comments]...
  6. What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...: Hello, Some weeks ago, Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC reported a threat as shown in the below screenshot. Now, on my PC, there remains the folder: C:\Program Files x86\ASK, in which there is a file named "480707101.exe.config". I googled but couldn't find anything...
  7. Should I clean install new pc ssd, or leave old os on there.

Should I clean install new pc ssd, or leave old os on there.: I just finished my first pc, and I transfer old ssd without clean installing to see if it would work, it did! But now I'm thinking I should clean install so I don't have to hunt old pc drives, but the only think I want to keep is word and excel as mine and my wife resume and...
  8. Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?: So the main antivirus software I use is McAfee SecurityCenter that I downloaded from att.net. I can choose to leave real-time virus scanning (where it scans a file every time I use it) on or turn it off. McAfee highly recommends leaving it on and gives me a big red warning...
  9. Should I be updating it or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I be updating it or not?: Hi, I checked my laptop for windows update and got an update for Windows 10 version 1809. But I read at a few places that when you check for update manually Microsoft pushes the under testing build to the users. So does that mean that the update I have received is a beta...
  10. Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should i Install Drivers Manually or leave Windows Update do it ?: Hi guys im about to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo Laptop ,so i want to know about the drivers, should i manually install them or leave windows update do it ? 66106