Windows 10: Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

Discus and support Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021.

1. ish4d0w Win User

Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics)

Hello!

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not like that, I can see two chips!

AMD Driver version is 25.20.14002.1 this one is from Lenovo's website
    Intel Driver is 26.20.100.7323 this one is from Windows Update (originally I had an older driver from Lenovo but it was automatically updated)

I'm running Win10 20H2 latest stable build. No updates detected. All drivers are from Lenovo except those that WinUpdate automatically updated.

So recently I started to get update notifications for an AMD driver from the Radeon GUI Settings app. There is no update on Lenovo's site, it still lists the old driver.

SHould I update or not?

Hint: I did play around with Windows Insider builds too (but reverted), well the new beta build does install new graphics drivers for both chips. But not this one. It installs one that is a bit older than this. But not the stable Windows build, that one doesn't install any updates except for that Intel update.

You can see the original drivers on Lenovo: laptops and netbooks :: 300 series :: 330s 15ikb :: 81f5 :: 81f500gyhv - Lenovo Support GB

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I forgot to add the screens. Here they are
    Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics) [​IMG]

:)

ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 will run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) graphics.

Since Sony has confirmed that you might face BSOD with AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics SVE14A* computer model. I would suggest you to disable one of the graphic card driver and then try upgrading to Windows 10 and check.

For disabling one of the graphic card follow the steps .

Uninstall the Device Drivers :

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
    the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 10, 2021
  3. MazFam Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade fail BSOD - AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics - Sony Vaio SVE14A26C

Hi,

I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 and the installation failed (BSOD) during the upgrade.

The laptop restarted and seamlessly reverted back to Windows 8.1. The laptop works perfectly fine, albeit on windows 8.1.

Sony have posted "Windows 10 Upgrade test results for Vaio PCs Pre-Installed with Windows 8" that can be found at:

Sony eSupport - Windows 10 Information for Sony VAIO PC

The result for SVE14A is -

• (F1): Critical (Bluescreen) error occurs on AMD/Intel Hybrid (Switchable) Graphics systems. To determine if your VAIO has Hybrid Graphics, go to the Windows Device Manager (both AMD and Intel display adapters will show up) or visit the Specifications section
      for your model on this website.
    Will Windows 10 be able to run on a PC with AMD/Intel Hybrd (Switchable) graphics?

I'm not holding my breath that Sony will be able to provide a workable solution

Please help!!

Cheers

Jo

MazFam, Feb 10, 2021
  4. ish4d0w Win User

Hello!

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV series notebook with Intel Core i5-8250u and AMD Radeon 540 graphics. These are seperate chips on the mainboard, they are not built into just one like some newer Intel chips come with an embedded AMD GPU. This one is not like that, I can see two chips!

AMD Driver version is 25.20.14002.1 this one is from Lenovo's website
    Intel Driver is 26.20.100.7323 this one is from Windows Update (originally I had an older driver from Lenovo but it was automatically updated)

I'm running Win10 20H2 latest stable build. No updates detected. All drivers are from Lenovo except those that WinUpdate automatically updated.

So recently I started to get update notifications for an AMD driver from the Radeon GUI Settings app. There is no update on Lenovo's site, it still lists the old driver.

SHould I update or not?

Hint: I did play around with Windows Insider builds too (but reverted), well the new beta build does install new graphics drivers for both chips. But not this one. It installs one that is a bit older than this. But not the stable Windows build, that one doesn't install any updates except for that Intel update.

You can see the original drivers on Lenovo: laptops and netbooks :: 300 series :: 330s 15ikb :: 81f5 :: 81f500gyhv - Lenovo Support GB

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I forgot to add the screens. Here they are

ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Should I update or not? (Intel/AMD Hybrid Switchable Graphics) - Similar Threads - Should update Intel

2. Merging amd with intel graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging amd with intel graphics: Hi I Have An Asus Dual RX6750XT 12GB it only has 1 hdmi port am i able to use eyefinity with intel graphics from the i7 8700? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-amd-with-intel-graphics/c7704e63-a40f-455e-8ae5-73554ea0d473
  3. Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hybrid Graphics Notebook. Should I let Windows Update update drivers?: Here is my Lenovo IdeaPad 330s-15ikb 81F500GYHV with Intel Core i5-8250u, Intel UHD 620 and AMD Radeon 540 switchable hybrid graphic system I have installed the recommended drivers from Lenovo.com , precisely from HERE (serial number omitted, but should still refer to the...
  4. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10: Issue: I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest version of Windows 10 as well as AMD software installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, for months I couldn't have my games run...
  5. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Updates wipe out Switchable Graphics Tools by Intel and AMD: amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe, when run for compatibility with Windows 8, restored the AMD and Intel Tools for controlling the Switchable Graphics. But, a short while later Windows Update wiped them out when, Driver Updates, Shown in Update History, for AMD Mobility...
  7. AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Graphics Not Switching to (Switchable/Discrete Graphics) Just (Primary/Integrated): Hello everyone I have this problem for about 2 years now, I am trying to switch from AMD Radeon (TM) 520 [Discrete/Switchable Graphics] because it is more powerful than my AMD Radeon R4 [Primary/Integrated Graphics] When I try go to Switchable graphics section in the AMD...
  8. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5,...
  9. AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926

AMD / Intel Switchable graphics Issue - Windows 10 9926: My Switchable Graphics option is there but I cannot configure it at all. I have tried modded drivers, original drivers and running with compatibility settings. For some reason when I select Configure Switchable Graphics it takes me to the Creating and Arranging Desktops...
  10. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...