Windows 10: Should I update to Windows 2004 update?

Discus and support Should I update to Windows 2004 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a new laptop and the 2004 update is available for it. I have heard that there were lots of bug. I wanted to know that if it is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amayankk, Sep 9, 2020.

1. amayankk Win User

Should I update to Windows 2004 update?

I have purchased a new laptop and the 2004 update is available for it.

I have heard that there were lots of bug.

I wanted to know that if it is the time to update or should I wait more.

:)

amayankk, Sep 9, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 9, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Should I update to Windows 2004 update?

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Should I update to Windows 2004 update? :)

Thermopylae_480, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Should I update to Windows 2004 update?

1. Should I update to Windows 2004 update? - Similar Threads - Should update 2004

2. I need to update windows 10 to 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to update windows 10 to 2004 update: I have an old version of windows 10 that i installed from a DVD windows is activated when It updates, it updates directly to the windows 20H2 update i have an old laptop with a dead graphics card, when its driver is updated the screen goes black after windows installs the...
  3. Should I have received the Windows 10 2004 update yet?

Should I have received the Windows 10 2004 update yet?: Hi everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop with Windows 10 on it but I'm still stuck on 1909 and I'm not eligible for the 2004 update yet. What do I do when Windows 10 1909 is unsupported in May?...
  4. Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still haven't updated to version 2004 - should I?: I've read that a lot of people have had problems so I'm not sure if I should update it or not. Any advice? submitted by /u/R_12345678910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbber3/still_havent_updated_to_version_2004_should_i/
  5. Should I install 2004?

Should I install 2004?: I just received the option to install 2004, Should I install it or keep 1909? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip9c32/should_i_install_2004/
  6. Should i update into 2004 ??

Should i update into 2004 ??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jessieboy21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6jclr/should_i_update_into_2004/
  7. Should updating to 2004 look like this?

Should updating to 2004 look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LegendaryAyser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5v2o8/should_updating_to_2004_look_like_this/
  8. Should i update into build 1909 or 2004 ?

Should i update into build 1909 or 2004 ?: Which one that is more stable? I'm currently using Windows 10 1809 LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) because it's very lightweight with no bloated ms store apps. But as the times goes on, some of my games and programs began to become unstable because some of them require...
  9. Should I manually update to 2004?

Should I manually update to 2004?: This is mainly to utilise hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Ive heard 2004 has quite a few bugs but is it worth updating? submitted by /u/FewCallMeXepher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj8k2a/should_i_manually_update_to_2004/
  10. Should I be updating it or not?

Should I be updating it or not?: Hi, I checked my laptop for windows update and got an update for Windows 10 version 1809. But I read at a few places that when you check for update manually Microsoft pushes the under testing build to the users. So does that mean that the update I have received is a beta...