Windows 10: Should i upgrade to 10?

Discus and support Should i upgrade to 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't even know what problem is it now.. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gradeabra, Jun 28, 2016.

1. gradeabra Win User

Should i upgrade to 10?

I don't even know what problem is it now..

gradeabra, Jun 30, 2016

2. Assuming you have access to your license key, you could download the Windows 10 iso file, back up your data, and then do a clean install right to 10.

I wouldn't waste my time with the upgrade options, but if you are trying to upgrade then get the Media Creation Tool.

DeaconFrost, Jun 30, 2016
  3. gradeabra Win User
    Anyway does 10 has update problem like 7?
    And also my pc is 4gb ram, isit suitable for 10?

gradeabra, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Should i upgrade to 10?

I'm not sure what upgrade problem you are referring to.

As for the memory, yes, 4 GB is fine. You'll want to make sure you install the 64 bit version of Windows 10.

DeaconFrost, Jun 30, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    All good advice here, you cant go wrong.

I'm of the school of fresh clean installs.
    That way no legacy drivers or OS files get left over going forward.
    I have 3 older boxes, none of which liked the win 10 upgrade option.
    I got BSOD and driver issues on all 3. Fresh installs took care
    of all three. Of course the advice here was the best!

Always backup first no matter what path you choose.

6. Fafhrd Win User
    Windows 10 has a different update regime to that of Windows 7. With Windows 7, a failed update could lead to a "pile-up" of failed updates. With Windows 10, updates come as "cumulative" updates which download and install only the required software needed to bring the OS up-to-date for its build version.

So it does not have the same update problem as 7 had.

Fafhrd, Jun 30, 2016
  7. gradeabra Win User
    If i close my PC will this resume when i start up my pc next time?

Been 5 hours and still not finish yet.

gradeabra, Jun 30, 2016
  8. showard Win User

Should i upgrade to 10?

Based on what you're saying ... which is: You're computer is screwed up, and all you really want is a working Windows 7 computer. Then I'd say, don't upgrade. Reinstall Windows 7 clean. Your computer will work like new.

Old computers are not designed for new operating systems. If you upgrade the OS, you're just asking for trouble.

If you're an uber techie, you might choose to upgrade because you'd relish the challenge. But from what you've written in these pages, you're not. So don't.

Windows 10 can wait until you buy your next computer.

showard, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should i upgrade to 10?

1. Should i upgrade to 10? - Similar Threads - Should upgrade

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  8. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  9. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...
  10. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...