Windows 10: Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

Discus and support Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Just need to know what to upgrade or fix... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by eli linares, May 6, 2023.

1. Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

Just need to know what to upgrade or fix

:)

eli linares, May 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Redirecting

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 6, 2023
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 6, 2023
  4. Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

Upgrade to Win10, cant add another user, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in, User Profile cannot be loaded."

I have upgraded 4 different PCs/Laptops to Windows 10 over the last 6-8 months and all have had the same problem: Upgrade to Win10, cant add another user, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in, User Profile cannot be loaded". I actually had
    a chat session with a Microsoft Tech and after trying several remediation steps, that all failed, he suggested I had to restore/go back Should I  upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile... :( The suggestion was that the default new user profile was corrupt but on all upgraded PC's?

So I did... 3 were restored with the Windows 10 restore option and one I went back. The 3 restored were subsequently sold so I don't know if there are follow-on problems the one I went back on will be staying Win 7 Pro.

With the hundreds of posts I see, and probably tens of thousands that we can't see, and potentially millions that people haven't experienced the problem yet, I would have thought that Microsoft would have attacked this with a higher priority.

toddGB_Packers, May 6, 2023
Thema:

Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

1. Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile... - Similar Threads - Should upgrade motherboard

2. I purchased an Acer Aspire and I’m having problems with the amount of memory on the SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased an Acer Aspire and I’m having problems with the amount of memory on the SSD.: I purchased an Acer Aspire that was supposed to have 8 GB RAM & 256 GB of SSD MEMORY. After setting it up I noticed in my outlook account it only showed the laptop as having 6 GB’s of RAM, and 242 GB SSD. I then needed to do a CTRL F10 to rest all it to its factory defaults....
  3. Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...: Just need to know what to upgrade or fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-a-new-motherboard-and-ssd-the/67e2543a-ae3d-448d-af71-7c1a2b13c844
  4. Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...

Should I upgrade to a new motherboard and ssd the problems I’m having are the user profile...: Just need to know what to upgrade or fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-a-new-motherboard-and-ssd-the/67e2543a-ae3d-448d-af71-7c1a2b13c844
  5. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  6. New motherboard, same ssd

New motherboard, same ssd: So, I am purchasing a new motherboard as the current one I have is having issues and has just ran out of warranty MSI B-550 A-ProHowever, I do not want to do a fresh install of windows, so how can I transfer my m.2 ssd over. is it just swapping over or is there more to...
  7. Query - Motherboard Issues, should I buy a new Windows or upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Query - Motherboard Issues, should I buy a new Windows or upgrade to Pro: So the issue is this, I have had my computer for just over two years. The motherboard is giving me issues, at first it was sound issues, now it's intermittently freezing. Like controls/screen freezes for like 5 seconds, drops internet than starts again. I will be getting a...
  8. Should I have 2 profiles here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I have 2 profiles here: I ask because my network changes from Private to Public. Happens on 3 computers running WiFi. I have no internet when this happens. All Win 10 2004 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\ On a brand new Intel NUC within 20...
  9. Upgrading to new motherboard but already have windows on old ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading to new motherboard but already have windows on old ssd: If I upgrade to a new motherboard, would it be fine if I just connect my old ssd to it and boot windows from there or would there be complications? submitted by /u/Rocketmanjoey [link] [comments]...
  10. Should I delete one of these User profiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should I delete one of these User profiles?: I have a user profile with my name, plus one called Default and one called Owner, plus one called Public. Do these all serve a purpose, or take up a lot of room on my laptop? Should I delete some of the them? I am not sure which one is the Administrator account....